Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
This is a key position within the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). ICE utilizes the government's second largest cadre of law enforcement officers to ensure our nation's economic, transportation and infrastructure security. ICE enforces immigration and customs laws. Our talented and courageous workforce identifies criminal activities and eliminates vulnerabilities that pose a threat to our nation's borders.
ICE is the primary investigative arm of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). With more than 19,000 employees in 400 offices around the world, ICE is a key component of the DHS layered defense approach to protecting our nation. For additional information about ICE and career opportunities go to http://www.ice.gov/
Who May Apply:
For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here
- Current Federal employees in the competitive service who are serving on a career or career-conditional appointment and former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility, within the local commuting area.
- Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement and work within the local commuting area. (Note: unemployed Interchange Agreement eligibles must reside in the local commuting area.).
- Veterans who are preference eligibles or who have been separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous service will receive consideration under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA).
Organizational Location: This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Office of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Office of Budget and Program Performance (OBPP) Front Office located in Washington, D.C.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses will not be paid.
THIS IS A NON-BARGAINING UNIT POSITION.
Note: One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement.
This position is located in the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO), Office of Budget and Program Performance (OBPP) responsible for the distribution and control of resources and the analysis and reporting of operations and expenditures within ICE. Specifically, you will:
- Develop detailed mid-year reviews for presentation to ICE managers; conducts year-end budget reviews, and prepares formal review of resources for the use of the OCFO in making major decisions on the allocation of resources;
- Conduct administrative review of budget and fund control system to ensure compliance with ICE, the Department of Homeland Security, and CFO directives;
- Administer multiple appropriations and/or sources of funding, to include separate controls, analysis, and reports of available funding for decision purposes;
- Plan the work to be accomplished by your subordinates, set and adjust short-term priorities, and prepare schedules for completion of the work; assign work to subordinates based on priorities; and evaluate work performance of subordinates; and
- Recommend appointment, promotion, or reassignment of positions; hear and resolve complaints from employees; identify developmental training needs of employees and provide/arrange for needed development/training; and develop performance standards for subordinates.