Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce.
Who May Apply
- All U.S. Citizens
- For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here
- This position opportunity is also being advertised under Merit Promotion Procedures and at the GS-11/12 grade levels. Please see vacancy announcement numbers MG-2013-8836-MJB-932200MP(closes August 8, 2013) for additional information.
This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Protection and National Preparedness (PNP), National Preparedness Directorate (NPD), National Integration Center (NIC). This position starts at a salary of $62,467 (GS-11) or $74,872 (GS-12), with promotion potential to $89,033(GS-13). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the National Preparedness Directorate (NPD).PROMOTION POTENTIAL: Future promotions will be dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, the continuing need for an employee assigned to the higher level, and administrative approval.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: For all nonbargaining unit positions, the following applies: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
In this position, you will assist in the development and implementation of procedures and systems that improve the effectiveness and efficiency of business and program operations. Typical work assignments include:
· Provides support in the use of project management techniques to ensure effective business operations.
· Provides coordination and administrative support to ensure business and programs operations are executed in compliance with agency standards and policies.
· Develops and conducts review of correspondence and other written materials to ensure consistency with agency standards.
· Provides technical and analytical support for budgetary & financial management operations and human resources.
· Provides administrative support for acquisitions & procurement,, records management, and human resource actions.