This is a Permanent Excepted Service position (Temporary Promotion)
This position requires an ANACI investigation
Military Membership in the Ohio National Guard is required
- Minimum Military Grade: PVT/E-1
- Maximum Military Grade: MSG/E-8
- Compatible Military Assignment: ECMF 36 EMOS
- Transcripts required to verify positive education requirement
If you are willing to take a demotion to be considered for this position you must clearly indicate your intentions in your resume.
It is not necessary for applicants to possess the MOS/AFSC listed as compatible to the position in order to apply. It is, however, the applicant's responsibility to acquire a compatible MOS/AFSC within 1 year of appointment. Coordinate with your unit's training representative to determine whether or not you can qualify for a specific MOS/AFSC and/or receive training.
A. Degree: accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that includes or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law.
B. Combination of education and experience -- at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The applicant's background must also include one of the following:
1. Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law.
2. A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination.
3. Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester hours, but that does not fully satisfy the 24-semester-hour requirement of paragraph A, provided that (a) the applicant has successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field, e.g., valuation engineering or financial institution examining; (b) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors has determined that the applicant has demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in paragraph A; and (c) except for literal non conformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, the applicant's education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A RESUME THAT ADDRESSES THE SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCES AND KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES LISTED BELOW. THE RESUME MUST INCLUDE DATES INDICATING WHEN THE WORK WAS PERFORMED.
Specialized Experience: (GS- 11) - 1 year equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization. Experience in reviewing program documents as well as previous audit reports to determine compliance with governing regulations; identifies unusual and questionable practices; develops and reports an opinion on the economy and efficiency of the operations and recommendations corrective action.
(GS-11) 1 year equivalent to at least GS-9
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION: NOTE: College Transcripts are required if you wish to use Education as a substitution for experience or if a degree is a requirement for the position. A copy of the transcript must be submitted with the Job Application. Study successfully completed in a college, university, technical or vocational school may be substituted for experience at the rate of one year of study (30 semester hours or 20 classroom hours of instruction per week) for 6 months of experience. Courses must be directly related to the work of the position. Maximum credit is 6 months of specialized experience.
This position is being announced in accordance with state merit promotion procedures and collective bargaining agreement. Wearing of the appropriate military uniform is required while employed in this position. Permanent change of duty station (PCS) funds are not available.
If you are an AGR and are selected for this position, you will be required to vacate your AGR status.
Successful applicant will be assigned to a compatible military position in an appropriate unit of assignment in the Ohio National Guard.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience your qualifications rating can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating and may result in you not being considered for appointment to this position.