This position is located in the U.S. Coast Guard, Finance Center, Accounting Operations Division. The position serves as a Section Chief. The incumbent provides technical support to a divisional manager who is responsible for managing and directing a significant segment of a large financial system.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include
- Keeping with the major tasking assigned to the branch. These include identifying and resolving a variety of financial and/or payment policy and process issues and questions and problems related to the agency financial management programs.
- Making recommendations concerning operating policy for the branch.
- Initiating, designing, and conducting special studies and completing designated projects designed to provide both the FINCEN and the field with improved service.
- Acting as liaison between Coast Guard Finance Center and other government agencies that are cross-serviced by the Coast Guard.
- Serving as an authority on highly technical issues requiring extensive experience or expertise in a given area.
- Will be assigned projects which cross commands within the CG.
- Participating fully in developmental projects pertaining to accounts payable, accounting and operating systems, workflow, and projects related to the operations of the branch and division.
- Providing professional accounting expertise in all matters involving the fiscal and accounting operations for the Branch.
- Occasionally participating in meetings and conferences inter/intra the CG.
- Directing work efforts that include evaluating, analyzing and/or recommending improvements for the efficient operations of the general accounting systems and imaging/workflow modules and related accounting transactions.
- Preparing and/or approving program studies or reports for the branch.
- Ensuring that systems improvements conform or comply with laws, regulations, and policies prescribed by OMB, GAO, the Treasury Department or other central agency, Secretary of Transportation and the Office of the Chief of Staff of the CG.
- Carrying out EEO policies and communicating support of these policies to subordinates.
- Ensuring that adequate staffing patterns are maintained.