Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.
For over two centuries the The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
The vacancy is being concurrently advertised under merit promotion procedures for status applicants under announcement 13-1704-SE-AM-M. APPLICANTS WISHING TO BE CONSIDERED UNDER BOTH DELEGATED EXAMINING AND MERIT PROMOTION PROCEDURES MUST APPLY TO BOTH VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS.
NOTE: YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS DELEGATED EXAMINING VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL ONLY ALLOW CONSIDERATION FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. WE CANNOT ELECTRONICALLY OR MANUALLY MOVE YOUR APPLICATION TO THE CONCURRENTLY ADVERTISED MERIT PROMOTION ANNOUNCEMENT. PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE APPLYING UNDER THE CORRECT ANNOUNCEMENT.
This position is located in DHS/U.S. Coast Guard, Seventh Coast Guard District, Sector San Juan, Logistics Department, Engineering Division, San Juan, PR
The incumbent is responsible for providing all facilities maintenance, management, and operations of all property and assets assigned to the Sector San Juan.
Being a CG Civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignment include:
* Being responsible for all facets of managing and directing all facilities maintenance personnel and resources with a minimum of supervision and direction.
* Preparing and ensuring timely and correct submittal of required reports, correspondence, awards/recognition, work specifications and other assigned paperwork.
* Providing advice to the Housing Manager, Facilities Manager, Facilities Engineer, and the Engineering Officer on all matters affecting facilities maintenance productivity, efficiency and management.
* Issuing work orders from the backlog to the work leaders and trades for filling unplanned time availability, uses own judgement based on experience for assigning or re-prioritizing work.
* Counseling employees and resolving complaints by employees through informal process whenever possible.
* Attending training programs and supervisory conferences and transmits information to subordinates.
* Incumbent must possess journeyman level knowledge and skill in at least six of the following trades: electrical, plumbing, HVAC, refrigeration, grounds maintenance, structural maintenance, paint & protective coatings, and utility distribution systems.