The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service promotes the financial integrity and operational efficiency of the U.S. government through exceptional accounting, borrowing, collections, payments, and shared services. This position is a Purchasing Agent for the Bureau of the Public Debt, Office of Administrative Services. In this capacity, the employee typically makes purchases limited to the simplified acquisition threshold or against an established acquisition vehicle.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
Who May Apply:
1. Current Federal employees on career or career-conditional (permanent) appointments in the competitive service, or former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility; or
2. CTAP/ICTAP eligibles from the local commuting area; or
3. Individuals eligible under special hiring authorities (e.g., individuals with disabilities, covered by an interchange agreement, or eligible for the Veterans Recruitment Appointment); OR
4. Individuals who are eligible for appointment under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act.
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-07. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position. As a Purchasing Agent, you will:
• Interact with manufacturers, representatives and distributors, or other suppliers to negotiate purchase orders, modifications, and delivery orders using basic acquisition procedures. Provides guidance to contractors and suppliers on procurement regulations and procedures.
• Administer simplified acquisitions which include modifying orders to definitize delivery dates, administrative changes, changes to terms and conditions; claims and terminations; and preparing administrative changes to the orders.
• Perform established closeout procedures to ensure that the goods and services have been received and accepted in accordance with the order and interagency agreements, payment has occurred, and funds have been deobligated. Creates interagency agreements using PRISM. Review supporting documentation to ensure appropriate documents are included in the package before submitting to the CO for review and approval.
• Prepare requests for quotations and ensures their contractual sufficiency and responsiveness to the Government's requirements. Coordinates the evaluation process and reviews proposals and resulting evaluations to determine compliance with regulations, adequacy in meeting BPD or OAS customer needs.