The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win
in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
IF APPLICABLE: A military service member's statement of service/certification will be accepted IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided. The statement/certification should indicate member's separation from active duty is within 120 days of the closing date of this announcement. It must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Your preference and/or appointment eligibility will be verified prior to appointment. Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
This is a GG-13 position in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). The GG-13 duties for the "Professional" work category are at the "Full Performance" work level and are equivalent to those at the GS-13 level. The selectee's salary will be set within the grade equivalent to a GS/GG grade based on the selectee's qualifications in relation to the job.
***Salary Ranges shown do not include local market supplement ***
The organizational location of this position is: AFISRA FO, Ft George Meade, MD
· The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the Air Forces Manpower Liaison Officer to the office of Military Manpower, National Security Agency (NSA).
· Supports the AF SCO and NSA Military Manpower Management by overseeing the programming, assignment, and use of Air Force manpower resources.
· Researches, analyzes, validates, and certifies the AF manpower data documented in the NSA PeopleSoft HRMS Warehouse database.
· Participates in the Agencys Mission and Manpower Review Team site review actions. Conducting changes to manpower needs aligning to the new recognized and approved mission set.
· Prepares reports for dissemination across the AIA Enterprise using various reporting tools to meet adhoc and recurring reporting requirements.
· Coordinates actions for manpower alignment with the NSA body for mission changes. Participates as a working action-officer for the daily maintenance and changes in resource requirements.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel Systems (DCIPS) position implemented under Section 504, Title V of Public Law 99-569, Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1987, as codified in Sec 1601, Chap 83 of Title 10 United States Code which sets forth Air Force policies and procedures for DCIPS. This position is in the Excepted Service.