Here is your opportunity to perform important work in a challenging environment. The Office of Science is involved in a variety of sciences, science education, and funding of science research. For more information about our organization, please visit our website at http://www.science.doe.gov. For more information about the Department of Energy, please visit our website at http://www.doe.gov.
The Department of Energy, Office of Science, Office of Budget, is seeking a motivated and highly qualified individual to perform a wide variety of budget duties connected with formulation, justification, execution and review of annual and multi-year budgets for assigned programs. See Duty Section for additional information.
If selected for this position, at the full performance level, you will:
- Perform a wide range of administrative and analytic duties in the formulation, justification, presentation, execution, and review of multi-year program budgets.
- Provide advice and direction to the Associate Directors and program staff on all aspects of the budgets for assigned programs.
- Review and edit narrative justifications for budget submissions from assigned organizational components and designated program offices to assure accuracy of estimates and program/budget logic and data; completeness of material; and conformance to budgetary policy, the organization, DOE, OMB and Congressional requirements.
- Analyze budget estimates to identify imbalances among program areas and to reconcile estimates with current levels of expenditures and anticipated changes. Recommends corrective actions as necessary.
-Track proposed authorization and appropriation legislation and prepare special reports and summaries regarding the nature and possible impact of this legislation for use in budget planning.
- Prepare data for meetings, briefings and Congressional hearings (i.e., the organization and DOE management briefings, OMB, and Congressional Committees).