Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.
For over two centuries the The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
This position is located in DHS, U.S. Coast Guard, Telecommunication and Information Systems Command (TISCOM), in Alexandria, VA.
The incumbent serves as an Information Technology (IT) Project Officer and is responsible for all aspects of design, development, maintenance, and client management for assigned projects.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Providing government oversight for contractor technical staff involved in the full range of applications development activities for major software projects
- Performing a variety of duties related to information technology (IT) projects involving program-related issues that contain complicating elements
- Providing government oversight for contractor technical staff involved in the full range of work involved in the end-to-end development of information technology systems with complex designs
- Monitoring and evaluating contractor policies, practices, procedures, techniques, methods and management controls for specialized IT contracts
- Communicating and visiting with clients regularly to provide support and ensure delivery of quality products and services
- Managing new equipment or sub-systems prior to their entry into the supply system