The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service promotes the financial integrity and operational efficiency of the federal government through exceptional accounting, financing, collections, payments, and shared services. The IT Specialist (OS) in the Office of Information and Security Services/Division of Infrastructure Service/Mainframe Services Branch has primary responsibility for installation and evaluation of the Multiple Virtual Storage (MVS) or z/OS, utility routines, and systems processors used under MVS. In addition, the incumbent participates in studies and plans relating to MVS software implementation and provides support in the evaluation and utilization of computer hardware and software.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
As an IT Specialist (OS), you will:
- Assist in studies relating to MVS software systems designed in which alternatives are set forth or derived, their costs and benefits weighed and reports prepared in which the study methodology is outlined, alternatives are discussed, and recommendations made. Assist in the development of plans or specifications necessary for carrying out the design.
- Furnish technical assistance to Fiscal Service, Program Offices, or Division study groups engaged in fact-finding studies to establish the feasibility of automating operations, to investigate the use of new technology, and to identify modifications or additional equipment and/or systems software to support Fiscal Service's processing requirements.
- Advise Public Debt and customer management on new developments and advanced techniques in mainframe related systems software systems, and their related support products.
- Analyzes dumps and listings of the operating systems, utility routines, related support products, and system processors in order to locate errors. Apply corrections and modifications to system software as required. Perform systems generations of mainframe operating systems and processors. Write special purpose diagnostic routines and insert aids and traces in the vendor supplied operating system.