Vacancy ID: 930315
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincolns promise To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan by serving and honoring the men and women who are Americas Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who served our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country's service.
If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans.
The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.
The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define who we are, our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence (I CARE).
America's Veterans need you!
To find out more, go to http://www.va.gov/jobs/.
Employee will be assigned to Research and Development (R&D), VA New Jersey Healthcare System, East Orange, NJ, providing a high level of analytical support for both administrative and research services; and will manage, plan, and develop the total and complex administrative, budgeting, and fiscal duties of the Medical Research Program. Duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Develops policies for administrative matters, procurement, budget and public relations.
- Provides VA research operations advice and guidance to current and prospective clinician and non-clinician investigators performing studies in several major research program areas; ensures investigators are in compliance with appropriate VA, state, and federal research policies; and develops budget plan, restrictions on funding, etc.
- Designs, develops, and implements all accounting, budgeting, and management financial reporting systems.
- Assists in contract administration by preparing justifications or briefing statements indicating research requirements that are to be negotiated.
- Develops, refines, and implements policies and procedures for the conduct of human subjects' research that are in accordance with applicable local, state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Provides regulatory guidance and other support to the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC), the Institutional Review Board, the Research Safety Committee, and the Research and Development Committee.
- Utilizes knowledge of personnel management and operations that includes initiating and facilitating the recruitment of new personnel including interviewing candidates, writing position descriptions and performance standards, staffing, classification, employee relations and leave policies.
- Develops status reports or response materials for review or signature; and prepares memoranda, procedures, directives, standard operating procedures, etc.
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday Friday, 8:00am 4:30pm.
***RELOCATION EXPENSES AND/OR INCENTIVES ARE NOT AUTHORIZED***