You will qualify for the GS-14 level if you possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level that demonstrates the ability to lead the implementation of security programs designed to anticipate, assess, and minimize system vulnerabilities; coordinate the implementation of IT security programs across platforms; establish IT vulnerability reporting criteria; evaluate IT security incident response policies; identify the need for IT security changes based on new technologies or threats; institute measures to ensure IT security awareness/compliance; review proposed new systems/networks/software for potential IT security risks; resolve IT integration security issues and experience in UNIX, Windows, or other standalone/and or client server operating systems in a TCP/IP network environment.
You will qualify for the GS-13 level if you possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level that demonstrates the ability to evaluate, recommend the acquisition of, implement, and disseminate IT security tools, procedures, and practices to protect information assets; plan and conduct security accreditation reviews for installed systems or networks; resolve IT integration security issues and experience in UNIX, Windows, or other standalone/and or client server operating systems in a TCP/IP network environment.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS: You online resume must demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs/Competencies) (NOTE: Applicants do not need to prepare a written responses to these KSAs/competencies):
- Mastery of and skill in applying technical expertise in a total infrastructure protection environment, including network and operating systems security. The incumbent performs information security risk analysis to identify vulnerabilities and other complex IT security problems.
- Knowledge and demonstrated skill in evaluating / auditing information technology security programs. The incumbent must have an expert knowledge of information technology security system standards, concepts, and methods and be review, analyze a wide variety of complex security programs and make recommendations on its performance abilities.
- Knowledge of Federal regulations, standards, policies, procedures, and best practices for information security systems.
- Knowledge of National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) guidance for Information Security.
- Knowledge of FISMA including, Certification and Accreditation, security documentation including system security planning, risk assessment, contingency planning, Plan of Actions & Milestones (POA&M).
- Skill in presenting well-considered, sound recommendations and proposals.
Have IT related experience demonstrating EACH of the four competencies listed below:
- Attention to Detail - Works closely with project team, customers and management to identify requirements, address issues and concerns with bureau applications, paying close attention to business owner needs and ensuring requirements are captured correctly the first time, allowing products to be delivered on time and within budget, thus resulting in a satisfied customer.
- Customer Service - Works with business owners to advise on technical, operational, and administrative matters related to the organization's software and its development, enhancement, security, and maintenance. Maintain working relationships with supervisor and other CTO managers, and other entities on matters related to software projects.
- Oral Communication - Must communicate on a regular basis with project team, management, business owners and stakeholders providing project statuses, addressing issues and concerns, gathering and analyzing requirements and conducting oral presentations to demonstrate applications to anyone necessary. Represents organization in a professional manner at meetings and conferences with department heads, addressing IT related matters.
- Problem Solving - Works consistently with stake holders, customers and project team to identify and resolve problems found in the custom applications, processes, etc. Must work to address problems as swiftly as possible, eliminating major application downtime and customer dissatisfaction. Advises management of any technical or operational concerns and provides suggestions for resolution.
- Scripting (PowerShell, BASH, PERL, etc.)
- Python and/or PHP
- Knowledge of network infrastructure below layer 3 (TCP/IP), such as wireless, ethernet, ATM, frame, radio, etc.
Time-In-Grade Requirement: Federal applicants must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade to satisfy time-in-grade restrictions contained in 5CFR 300, Subpart F.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
For this announcement, all applicants will be reviewed to determine if they meet the qualifications for this position, specifically the specialized experience requirement. All applications that are verified to meet the required qualifications will be referred to the selecting official.
To receive proper credit, your resume must include: (1) knowledge of the subject matter and technical skills pertinent to the position; (2) examples of the specific duties performed that fully detail the level and complexity of the work for each job listed; (3) actual time spent in such activities (percentage of time worked in each position); (4) beginning and ending dates of employment (dates must be listed with both month and year for qualifying purposes); (5) frequency worked (i.e., daily, monthly, etc.); and (6) number of hours worked. This information must be clearly identified in your resume. For tips on writing your resume, please visit http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/resumeandapplicationtips.asp#icc
If your resume is incomplete, or does not support the responses in your online questionnaire you may be rated ineligible, not qualified, or your score may be adjusted.