Department: Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency: Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Phoenix, AZ View Map
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 929469 (Include # on all documents)
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
This position will remain open until filled. Applications/CVs will be forwarded for consideration, as received.
As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries.
Basking in sunshine 300 days a year in the aptly named Valley of the Sun, the Phoenix VA Health Care System is located near downtown Phoenix, Arizona. Although renowned for its warm, dry climate, Arizona's capitol offers much more than great weather. The Phoenix metro area, now America's 5th largest city, offers affordable housing and a relaxed, informal southwestern lifestyle. Diversity abounds. Greater Phoenix has an abundance of golf courses, parks, public swimming pools and bike paths. For the sports fans Phoenix is home to the NBA's Phoenix Suns, NFL's Arizona Cardinals; Major League Baseball's Arizona Diamondbacks and the NHL's Phoenix Coyotes. Across the state, more than 11 million acres of national forest lands provide a varied playground for those who enjoy skiing, horseback riding, hunting, fishing, boating, hiking or camping for the more adventurous, there's white water rafting on the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon! For city dwellers, the valley boasts exceptional shopping and retail establishments, restaurants and night life. The valley is also rapidly gaining prominence as a Mecca for the arts. Phoenix possesses world class museums, a ballet, symphony orchestra and several theater companies. For more information on the City of Phoenix, visit the Chamber of Commerce site at http://www.phoenixchamber.com/
More information about the Phoenix VA Health Care System team may be found here: http://www.phoenix.med.va.gov/
ITEMS TO NOTE:
- Applicant's education and length of practice (experience) will be considered by a Professional Standards Board and Compensation Panel in determining the salary of the applicant selected.
- Recruitment/Relocation incentive may be authorized.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Applicant selected for this position may be eligible to apply for an award up to the maximum limitations under the provisions of the Education Debt Reduction Program. The selectee must meet all eligibility requirements of the program.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority
- U. S. Citizenship
- Must pass pre-employment examination
- English Language Proficiency required
- Designated and-or Random Drug Testing required
- Background and-or Security Investigation required