Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
This is a key position within the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). ICE utilizes the government's second largest cadre of law enforcement officers to ensure our nation's economic, transportation and infrastructure security. ICE enforces immigration and customs laws. Our talented and courageous workforce identifies criminal activities and eliminates vulnerabilities that pose a threat to our nation's borders.
ICE is the primary investigative arm of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). With more than 19,000 employees in 400 offices around the world, ICE is a key component of the DHS layered defense approach to protecting our nation. For additional information about ICE and career opportunities go to http://www.ice.gov/
Who May Apply:
- Current federal employees serving on a career or career-conditional appointment and former federal employees with reinstatement eligibility.
- Current and former federal employees who meet the established criteria in the Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement.
- Veterans who are preference eligibles or who have been separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous service will receive consideration under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA).
For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here
Organizational Location: This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), National Firearms and Tactical Training Unit (NFTTU). Duty location: Harpers Ferry, WV.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses will not be paid.
THIS IS A NON-BARGAINING UNIT POSITION.
Note: One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement.
As an Equipment Specialist Ordnance you will establish, coordinate, and conduct a firearms maintenance program for the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Specifically, you will:
- Provide advice and instruction on the repair of weapons, and advise on the feasibility of utilizing certain weapons for ICE purposes.
- Service and maintain the agency wide inventory of firearms and use of force equipment
- Utilize machinery and specialized techniques and tools necessary to fabricate, rebuild, overhaul and specially build parts, accessories and firearms.
- Maintain an inventory of parts, accessories and components necessary to perform the duties above.
- Evaluate, test, analyze and examine firearms, parts and accessories; and
- Serve as the agencys technical expert in the use, design, and serviceability of firearms, firearm components, and accessories.