The Department of Energy's overarching mission is to advance the national, economic, and energy security of the U.S. through scientific and technological innovation and the environmental cleanup of the national nuclear weapons complex. With DOE you'll have the flexibility and freedom to explore a world of possibilities through a wealth of exciting and challenging career opportunities. By joining DOE, you can hone your career skills while helping to secure the U.S. future and make a real difference in the lives of Americans and people around the world.
To learn more about the DOE, please visit our website the following link DOE.
A successful candidate in this position will...
- Perform limited and clearly defined special investigations, or comparable portions of continuing studies, or of major projects of higher level analysis, as an advanced trainee in the profession.
- Conducts specific trainee assignments and limited studies in support of projects of higher level professionals.
- Perform segments of mathematical, statistical or other analyses projects, and maintain and enhance models for use in simulation studies.
- Serves in a advanced development capacity and uses standard techniques.
- Study and consider the effects of new and emerging technologies, rapidly changing industry practices, mergers and restructuring, new regulations, and other changes in the world and national economics and markets affecting production, pricing, supply and distribution patterns.
As a Operations Research Analyst/Mathematical, you will:
- Perform specific segments of analysis projects, selecting, using and applying standard techniques and theories of the profession.
- Participates in facets of planning, designing and conducting test to obtain and validate data.
- Compiles, organize and analyzes data, applying basic theories and standard techniques of the profession
- Develops recommendations for priorities, milestones and refinements of problem definitions for assigned project segments.
- Prepares reports and charts to document study purposes, methods, premises, and conclusions, and participates in briefing officials on progress and conclusions of studies.
- Maintains and enhances models and simulation techniques and scenarios for use in current and future energy studies.
- Participates in facets of planning, designing and conducting test to validate models and propose enhancements.