Job Title: Budget Technician - NIAID - MPJob Announcement Number: NIH-NIAID-MP-13-921328
Department: Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency: National Institutes of Health
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Monday, July 22, 2013 to
Friday, July 26, 2013
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time -
1 vacancy in the following location:
Montgomery County, MD United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visit NIH Overview.
If you have experience providing administrative and technical assistance with some emphasis on budget duties, and you want to play a significant role in a dynamic organization, then consider joining the Budget and Financial Management Branch (BFMB).
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID).
- Time in grade met within 30 days of closing date.
- Position is subject to a background investigation.
DUTIES:Back to top
You will serve as a Budget Technician, providing administrative and technical assistance by performing a variety of duties involved in the preparation of various budget estimates and documents. If selected for this position, you will perform the following duties:
- Assist in developing budget estimates.
- Verify the use of proper accounting codes on various budgetary documents.
- Obtain, select, and compile data from various fiscal and budget documents.
- Extract and incorporate data from accounting reports.
- Process all inter- and intra-agency agreements involving analysis of service to be provided or received, and assure that all required information is contained in the agreement.
- Serve as primary assistant to senior analysts and Budget Director.
- Monitor expenses for supplies, services, training, travel, and equipment.
- Work with senior analysts throughout the year to track the accurate recording of obligations and to assist in the development of apportionment plans.
At the GS-6 and GS-7 levels, you will perform the same duties as those at the full performance level described above; however, duties are less complex and will be performed under closer supervision and more detailed guidance.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
TO QUALIFY AT THE GS-6 LEVEL:
You must demonstrate in your resume at least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-5 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks:
reviewing vouchers, purchase requests, work orders, and contract invoices to verify budgetary account codes & dollar amounts; comparing job orders, work orders, & requests for funds with account balances to assure that funds are available; adjusting account balances to reflect the effect of allotments, transfers, obligations, and transactions.
TO QUALIFY AT THE GS-7 LEVEL:
You must demonstrate in your resume at least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-6 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks:
determining appropriations to be charged by object class and line item, and chargeable fiscal year; examining and verifying cost data, and detecting over or under obligation and net expenditures of funds; computing and adjusting a wide variety of accounts; advising managers on procedures to be followed in obtaining and spending fundsView Assessment Questions
Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with Selective Service.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED: