The Director, Office of Enterprise Risk Management, is responsible to the Executive Director, Operations, Office of Management. The responsibilities include, but not limited to:
· Manages the establishment, budget, and ongoing maintenance of OERM and VAs ERM function pursuant to the ERM vision and policy.
· Provides leadership in executing an ERM vision and policy that identifies, measures, prioritizes, reports, and mitigates enterprise-wide risks, in an integrated and systematic manner.
· Promotes strong risk awareness culture and senior executive leadership commitment.
· Leads the implementation of an ERM framework that includes governance, common language, risk identification, assessment, measurement, mitigation and monitoring processes.
· Leads the process of identification, assessment, prioritization, response, monitoring, and reporting of top enterprise-wide risks facing VA, and communicates them to the ASM/CFO and VA Risk Committee.
· Ensures that risks are managed within established tolerances, risk controls are effectively designed, and risk policies are understood and effectively applied, and provides such assurance to senior executive leadership and risk oversight bodies.