Department: Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency: Immediate Office of the Assistant Secretary for Management
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Washington DC, DC United StatesView Map
The Department of Veterans Affairs is interested in attracting the best talent for our diverse cadre of SES members from all sources: within VA, the Federal government, and from the private sector. We have streamlined our recruitment process and now only require you to submit a 5 page resume to apply for this position.
The Director, Office of Enterprise Risk Management (OERM) and Chief Risk Officer is the lead Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) executive for ensuring VA has the processes and systems in place to identify, analyze, and mitigate risk across and throughout the Department. The CRO serves as the principal advisor to the Assistant Secretary for Management and Chief Financial Officer (ASM/CFO) of VA. The incumbent:
2. Leads the design of processes to integrate, aggregate, analyze/forecast emerging issues, and report meaningful risk and exposure information to the ASM/CFO.
3. Provides executive support to the VA Risk Committee by establishing and managing risk policy and guidance; providing objective, independent risk assessments and recommendations; escalating timely and actionable risk information; and maintaining visibility over Agency top tier risks.
4. Has the overall responsibility for leadership of OERM with a budget of approximately $8 million.
5. Ensures risks are managed within established tolerances, risk controls are effectively designed, and risk policies are understood and effectively applied.
6. Maintains a risk assessment program and provides assurance to senior executive leadership and risk oversight bodies buy directing an organization of nine direct/indirect reports.
VA structures its SES positions into pay bands. This is a pay band 2 position and the salary range is $119,554 - $173,600. Exceptions to the salary cap may be considered in certain circumstances.
- US Citizenship is required
- Successful completion of background investigation & possible drug screening
- Selectee maybe subject to geographic or organizational reassignment/travel
- Public Financial Disclosure Report is required
- Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered for Selective Service
- One year probationary period for initial SES appointment