The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visitNIH Overview.
If you have experience providing administrative and technical assistance with some emphasis on budget duties, and you want to play a significant role in a dynamic organization, then consider joining the Budget and Financial Management Branch (BFMB).
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID).
You will serve as a Budget Technician, providing administrative and technical assistance by performing a variety of duties involved in the preparation of various budget estimates and documents. If selected for this position, you will perform the following duties:
- Assist in developing budget estimates.
- Verify the use of proper accounting codes on various budgetary documents.
- Obtain, select, and compile data from various fiscal and budget documents.
- Extract and incorporate data from accounting reports.
- Process all inter- and intra-agency agreements involving analysis of service to be provided or received, and assure that all required information is contained in the agreement.
- Serve as primary assistant to senior analysts and Budget Director.
- Monitor expenses for supplies, services, training, travel, and equipment.
- Work with senior analysts throughout the year to track the accurate recording of obligations and to assist in the development of apportionment plans.
At the GS-6 and GS-7 levels, you will perform the same duties as those at the full performance level described above; however, duties are less complex and will be performed under closer supervision and more detailed guidance.