Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan," - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
Location: This position is within the Enterprise Acquisition Systems Service in Frederick, MD.
More selection(s) may be made from this announcement should the need arise.
Area of Consideration. To be eligible under Merit Promotion, you must have an eligibility listed below:
Competitive Merit Promotion:
*Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: current Federal or former employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service that hold, or have held a career or career-conditional position at a lower grade level as the position being announced. An SF-50 must show appointment in the competitive service.
*Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles.
Non-Competitive Merit Promotion:
*Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA
*Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments)
*Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: Military spouses under E.O. 13473; Certain former overseas employees; Present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; Former White House staff; Present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; Certain National Guard technicians.
*Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement
*Transfer or reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level with the same or higher promotion potential as the position being announced.
*Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA), allows appointments of eligible veterans up to the GS-11 level.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities (i.e. intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities) and/or Disabled Veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-13. At the GS-12 grade level, the incumbent performs assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. The incumbent will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-13. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds. Promotion is not guaranteed and no promise of promotion is implied.
The Program Analyst positions are located at the Enterprise Acquisition Systems (ESA) located in Frederick, MD. The Enterprise Acquisition Systems is responsible for managing and overseeing scope initiatives that impact VA-wide acquisition systems. These initiatives are developed in many forums that include the Executive Office of the President, Office of Management and Budget, government Accountability Office, VAs Inspector General, VA and Civilian Agency Acquisition Council. These positions support Federal and National VA acquisition initiatives and involve working with Federal agencies to develop and oversee the implementation of specific Government-wide acquisition initiatives as assigned, such as Performance Based Service Acquisition as well as the development of Federal and VA acquisition policy. The Program Analysts participate in special projects, review and analyses of broad, complex, unique and sensitive procurement and contracting issues and problems involving the full spectrum of functions for which EAS is responsible such as Software Requirements Development, Release Management, Compliance, Budget Management, Configuration Management, and project Schedule Oversight. Duties include:
· Analyzes and evaluates the economic impact, feasibility, practicality, and effectiveness of existing and proposed standards, regulations, programs, and policies.
· Participates as a member on cross-functional project teams to ensure organizational objectives are achieved.
· Reviews for accuracy, manuals, technical guides, and other documents required by the Software Development Lifecycle.
· Performs work in several major support services program areas such as Software Requirements Development, Release Management, Compliance etc.
· Participates in planning conferences to advise managers on the ways in which new or revised support services or equipment will facilitate the work of the organization.
· Serves as technical expert providing advice and guidance in areas such as Software Requirements, Budget Management, and Configuration Management etc.
· Assists with developing training programs for users of software products developed by EAS.
· Evaluates and analyzes agency-wide programs, functions, and organizations to determine whether the management systems in current use efficiently accomplish the objectives sought and whether the management systems in current use efficiently accomplish the objectives sought.
· Participates in developing agency standards and instructions relative to survey activities.
View Assessment Questions