All applicants must meet the Mandatory Technical and Executive Core Qualification requirements listed below to be eligible for further consideration. Eligibility will be based on a clear demonstration that the applicant's training and experience are of the scope, quality and level of responsibility sufficient to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this executive position. Your application may be disqualified if you fail to address these requirements.
All candidates must submit a supplemental statement addressing each of the Mandatory Technical Competencies and the Executive Core Qualifications (ECQ's) listed below. Your application may be disqualified if you fail to submit either of these two supplemental statements.
MANDATORY TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
1. Demonstrated experience in leading the development and management of financial, accounting, and payroll programs and operations for a large and complex Federal agency, state or local government, large corporation or non-profit organization.
2. Demonstrated experience in the development and execution of Federal financial and accounting policy and practices in accordance with Federal accounting standards and requirements for a large and complex Federal agency.
3. Demonstrated experience in the management of financial statement audits; production of financial reports, including financial statements; and development and management of an internal control program for a large and complex Federal agency, state or local government, large corporation or non-profit organization.
4. Demonstrated experience in developing requirements and implementing business process changes related to large financial management information systems for a large and complex Federal agency, state or local government, large corporation or non-profit organization.
Desirable Qualifications - Please clearly indicate if you possess either/both of the following:
1. An advanced academic degree in accounting, finance or business administration
2. Certified Public Accountant
MANDATORY EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQ)
1. Leading Change
2. Leading People
3. Results Driven
4. Business Acumen
5. Building Coalitions
For guidance on how to address the ECQ's, please refer to the "Guide to SES Qualifications" at: http://www.opm.gov/ses/references/GuidetoSESQuals_2012.pdf.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This position is a critical-sensitive national security position and appointment requires that you undergo a single scope background investigation and the GSA security office must grant you a Top Secret national security clearance. Applicants do not need this level of clearance in order to apply. If you are not a GSA employee, the security office must grant the clearance before you are appointed to this position unless a pre-appointment waiver of this requirement is approved.
If tentatively selected, you will be required to submit a Declaration for Federal Employment.
Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 will be required to complete a certification document confirming their selective service status.
Persons selected for their initial appointment to an SES position must have their executive qualifications approved by the Qualifications Review Board of the Office of Personnel Management before being appointed to the position.
If selected, you will be required to serve a one-year probationary period unless you have previously successfully completed a one-year probationary period in the Senior Executive Service.
Veteran's preference does not apply to positions in the Senior Executive Service.
If selected, you must file a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 278) upon appointment in accordance with the Ethics in Government Act of 1978.
This position has been designated under Executive Order 12564 as being subject to random drug screening. If tentatively selected for this position, you will be required to submit to a urinalysis screen for illegal drugs prior to appointment. Appointment to the position will be contingent upon your receiving a negative test result.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Applicants must provide evidence of possession of each Mandatory Technical Competency and Executive Core Qualification (ECQ) listed above in a supplemental statement to assist reviewing officials in determining the best qualified candidates to be referred to the selecting official. Please limit Technical Competency responses to one (1) page each and ECQ responses to 5-10 pages for all five ECQ's. Qualification and experience determinations will be based only on the information you submit. To preview questions please click here.