The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visitNIH Overview.
This position is located in the Translational Sciences Section (TSS), Bacteriology and Mycology Branch (BMB), Division of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (DMID), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), National Institutes of Health (NIH), in Bethesda, MD. The position is responsible for providing scientific leadership and guidance to the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of assigned biomedical research in the referenced area.
If selected for this position, you will perform the following duties:
· Perform scientific and administrative reviews and analyses of applications/proposals from a programmatic viewpoint.
· Prepare information for and attend advisory/review committee/panel meetings and respond to issues and concerns about specific applications/proposals.
· Serve as Program/Project Officer to develop, coordinate, and administer grants, cooperative agreements, and contracts.
· Consult with and advise grantees/contractors during preparation of applications/proposals and provide guidance on program issues.
· Participate in the overall planning, development, and implementation of policies and procedures and formulate and develop Program Announcements, RFAs, RFPs, or a combination of these, to achieve objectives.
· Provide leadership and scientific expertise in the planning and implementation of IC-supported studies or other activities.
· Organize and conduct workshops, conferences, symposia or similar activities to foster the aims of the Branch and the Division to facilitate communication among investigators, or to advise on the status of progress and emerging directions of research.
· Visit universities, research institutions, commercial organizations, other Government agencies, and public and private organizations.