Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services secures America's promise as a nation of immigrants by providing accurate and useful information to our customers, granting immigration and citizenship benefits, promoting an awareness and understanding of citizenship, and ensuring the integrity of our immigration system. Visit us at http://www.uscis.gov/.
AMENDMENT: The closing date of this announcement has been extended to August 2, 2013.
Everyday our Supervisory Chief of Staff maintains close contact with high level Headquarters, regional and field managers on all substantive matters affecting assigned areas of responsibility. This position of SUPERVISORY CHIEF OF STAFF starts at a salary of $123,758.00(GS-15 step 1), to $155,500.00 (GS-15 step 10). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Office of Information Technology, Washington, DC within DHS US Citizenship and Immigration Services.
For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here
Status candidates may be eligible to apply through CIS-929167-OIT.
USCIS will not pay relocation expenses.
This position is not in the bargaining unit.
This position is not considered "essential" for purposes of reporting to work when the facility might otherwise be closed.
USCIS may fill one or more positions using this vacancy.
As a Supervisory Chief of Staff, your duties will include the following:
- Plans work for accomplishment by subordinate units, sets and adjusts short-term priorities, and prepares schedules based on consideration of difficulty of requirements and assignments such that the experience, training, and abilities of the staff are effectively utilized to meet organization and customer needs.
- Provides advice and guidance on sensitive issues essential to the organization's mission. Recommends long-term program plans, goals, objectives, and milestones which serve as the basis for substantive changes in the organization and administration of programs affecting large numbers of personnel. Maintains close contact with high level Headquarters, regional and field managers on all substantive matters affecting assigned areas of responsibility
- Provides authoritative guidance in the resolution of complex problems or issues impacting major USCIS programs. Leads analysis of projects, issues, or programs impacting all or most agency components.
- Participates in policy formulation and reviews liaison activities for agency-wide programs. Informs stakeholders of changes in organizational programs and operations, conducting briefings on major program changes.
- Provide high level briefings to senior level officials and managers. Manage, lead, and/or conduct policy reviews and analyses. Serve as a principle advisor to a senior management official.