Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click Here.
The incumbent will serve as a Supervisory Information Technology (IT) Specialist within the Office of Information Technology (OIT) and will report directly to Chief Information Officer/Assistant Administrator, OIT. The incumbent serves as the Director, Information Assurance and Cyber Security Division and is the Chief Information Security Officer for TSA.
The incumbent is responsible for development of IT security policies and programs TSA-wide, comprehensive IT security programs for TSA staff and approval of appointments and maintenance of readiness of Information System Security Officers, assigned to individual offices throughout TSA. The incumbent maintains a dotted line reporting relationship to the DHS Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), who monitors effectiveness of TSA IT security programs, inspects, and certifies IT security compliance for all DHS organizations. The incumbent annually maps Division’s strategic plan to DHS & TSA goals, mission, and vision. Other responsibilities include:
- Ensure the rigorous application of information security in the application of all IT services.
- Develops policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data.
- Develops and implements programs to ensure that systems, network, and data users are aware of, understand, and adhere to system security policies and procedures.
- Conducts risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs.
- Aligns OIT IT security plan with DHS IT security requirements through direct meetings with DHS CISO and staff.
- Develops OIT strategic IT security plan with input from Branches and Sections that take final goals and map to larger organizational objectives.
- Establishes metrics to measure accomplishment of goals.
- Monitors TSA's interests in cyber sector planning and public privacy data and ensures that these needs are aligned to Information Security objectives.
- Reviews progress of TSA's compliance with DHS's cyber security requirements and assesses whether these plans and related reports provide for effective implementation.