Job Title:Program Manager
Department:Department Of Energy
Agency:Department of Energy
Job Announcement Number:DOE-HQ-IE-00001-CR
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Friday, July 19, 2013 to
Friday, August 02, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy -
Anchorage, AK, USView Map|
1 vacancy -
Washington, DC, USView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
All U.S. Citizens
This position is also advertised to status candidates as a Merit Promotion announcement, vacancy #DOE HQ-IE-00001-MP, which closes August 2, 2013
The Department of Energy's (DOE's) overarching mission is to advance the national, economic and energy security of the U.S. through scientific and technological innovation. By joining DOE, you can hone your career skills while helping to secure the U.S. energy future.
This position is located in The Office of Indian Energy Policy and Programs (IE) in Washington, DC . IE is charged by Congress to direct, foster, coordinate and implement the following policies and programs for Tribes:
- Energy planning and management
- Energy development
- Capacity building
- Energy realiability and energy cost reduction, and stabilization
- Electrification of Indian lands and homes
A successful candidate for this position will
- Identify and document technical assistance and education models and practices
- Facilitate information sharing and develop collaborative solutions
- Advance innovative DOE-wide approaches to support Indian energy development
- You must be a United States Citizen.
- This employer participates in the e-Verify program
- Relocation is at your own expense
- See "Other Information" section regarding Selective Service requirements.
- Overnight travel of approximately 2 nights per month is required.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Program Manager, you will:
- Design and implement technical assistance and educational programs that will positively impact Indian energy development and promote energy education for Indian tribes
- Manage national laboratory program staff and outside contractors in implementation of programs and initiatives
- Develop and effectively manage program time lines to ensure timely completion of program deliverables and manage the programmatic budget to ensure effective use of appropriated funds
- Provide advice and assistance in the identification of new and important issues related to tribal and domestic energy, analyze potential impacts and recommend appropriate actions
- Work with management and program officials in the implementation of DOE policies and programs for the assigned areas, identify national implications of alternative implementation approaches and advise management on the preferred approach
- Plan, organize and direct the work of a team of specialists and exercise supervisory responsibilities
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as experience:
- Managing a technical assistance and/or education program for development of energy projects.
- Providing assistants to Indian tribes or Inter-tribal organizations in development of energy or economic development projects.
- Leading and directing work of team members
AAdditional QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application!
- Mastery knowledge of energy concepts and principals
- Ability to design, implement and manage technical assistance or education related programs
- Ability to managing staff, consultants, and contractors/vendors
- Skill in manage projects to completion, within budget, and on time
- Ability to interact with senior management and tribal leadership
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
For this position education cannot be substituted for experience
If selected for this vacancy (only if this position has a financial disclosure requirement), you may be required to file the OGE Form 450 (Financial Disclosure Statement) prior to your appointment to this position. For additional information and to obtain the form, please visit the Office of Government Ethics.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be rated by our application system using the Category Rating procedure. A quality review will then be conducted by the HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME). Your application is rated based on the extent and quality of your experience, education (if applicable to the job), and training described in your online resume/questionnaire as related to the duties of this position. The quality categories are usually defined as "Best Qualified", "Well Qualified" and "Qualified". Veterans Preference eligibles will be listed at the top of whichever category your score places you in. CP/CPS veterans are placed at the top of the highest category for all positions except professional and scientific positions at GS-9 and higher.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses you provided in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted. To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
To be considered for this position, you must submit a complete application no later than 11:59pm (Eastern Time) on the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to submit a complete application prior to the closing time (regardless of when you started) the application system will not allow you to finish. Requests for extensions will not be granted, so please begin the application process allowing yourself enough time to finish before the deadline. Our application system displays a countdown timer in the top-left corner of the screen for your reference.
Steps to submit a complete application:
- You must have a USAJOBS account and be logged in.
- You must have a completed resume. (Please note that some DOE offices do not accept uploaded resumes and require that you have a completed resume within your USAJOBS profile using the Resume Builder).
- Once you are logged in and all of your application materials ready, click the 'Apply Now' button.
- You must respond to all applicant assessment questions, carefully following all instructions provided.
- You will then be asked to upload additional supporting documentation, which may include (but is not limited to) transcripts, portfolio samples, certifications, and verification of veteran status.
- IMPORTANT: In the final step of the application process you will be shown a copy of your resume and all the information you entered during the application process. You must click the 'Finish' button at the bottom of this final page and receive confirmation that your application has been received. If you do not click 'Finish', your application will not be received.
If your resume does not support the responses in your application questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted accordingly.
- If you experience any difficulties with the application process (anything after you have clicked the Apply Now button), please contact the HR Specialist listed on this announcement between normal business hours.
- If you are having trouble with USAJOBS (searching for jobs, account profile issues, or Resume Builder help, please visit the USAJOBS Resource Center or e-mail USAJOBS3.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are experiencing a significant hardship which hinders your ability to apply online please contact the HR Specialist listed on this announcement during normal business hours.
Please carefully review the following list to determine what documentation you need to submit. Some documents may not apply to all applicants.
If you are unsure, click the link for each document type to read more.
- ALL APPLICANTS: Resume supporting your specialized experience and responses to the online questionnaire.
- Applicants using education to qualify (if allowed): Documentation verifying your educational claims which can include unofficial transcripts or any report listing institution, course title, credits earned and grade. Education cannot be substituted for experience in some positions at higher grade levels. Please see the Education section for more information.
- Veterans: veteran eligibility documentation (DD-214, VA Letter, Standard Form (SF) 15 as applicable). Please note: If you are a veteran who has not yet been discharged, you may provide a statement of intent to discharge from your agency to receive Veterans Preference under the VOW (Veterans Opportunity to Work) to Hire Heroes Act of 2011.
- Persons with Disabilities: Individuals with intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities may apply for appointment through the Schedule A hiring authority. Certified verification of a disability from a licensed medical professional; a licensed vocational rehabilitation specialist; or any Federal, state, or District of Columbia agency or U.S. territory that issues or provides disability benefits will be required.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
After each step in the recruitment process, your status will be updated in USAJOBS. You can review your status in USAJOBS at any time. You may also elect to receive status updates via e-mail by changing the notification settings in your USAJOBS profile. Please check that your USAJOBS profile contact information is current and correct each time you apply to a job--this will ensure we are able to contact you as quickly as possible.