This position is located in the Audio Visual Branch, Museum Support Services Division (MSSD), Office of Facilities Management and Reliability (OFMR), Office of Facilities Engineering and Operations (OFEO), Smithsonian Institution. The employee serves under the general supervision of the Branch Chief and provides a variety of administrative, planning, scheduling, and analytical services in support of the Branch's programs.
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."
- Recommends and carries out projects and programs to improve Branch operations including analyzing alternatives, preparing reports, and recommending courses of action.
- Assists supervisor and leadership team with planning work assignments and establishing work priorities for 25 to 30 intermittent technical staff. Confirms scheduling and needs with sponsors, and availability and assignments with technicians.
- Assists the leadership team with assigning the most qualified personnel based on analysis of event requirements and technicians’ skill levels and availability.
- Provides administrative support to the Branch including drafting and preparing correspondence, forms, and reports; maintaining and ordering office supplies and forms, designing and maintaining automated and hardcopy files, and helping to compile data in support of budget and external reporting.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with coworkers, supervisors, and representatives of activities throughout the Smithsonian to provide advice and assistance on audio visual matters and resolve problems. Obtains information about sponsors' activities and needs, gives clear, concise instructions and information; and resolves conflicts or problems in a customer service environment.