The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) collects, analyzes, and disseminates independent and impartial energy information to promote sound policymaking, efficient markets, and public understanding of energy and its interaction with the economy and the environment.
This position is located in the Office of Communications and Outreach. This office provides leadership and direction in creating and managing comprehensive and integrated communications, outreach, and customer relations strategies that advance EIA's mission and goal to provide policy-neutral data, forecasts, and analyses to internal and external groups.
A successful candidate in this position...
Directs the day-to-day operations of the Agency's Content Operations Team and in this regard is integral to the success of the content of the Agency's public website (EIA.gov) and employee intranet. He/she is responsible for planning, leading, coordinating, and implementing major internal and external communications initiatives and campaigns; and for creating and implementing policies and procedures for outreach material development and management.
As a Communications Manager, you will:
- Develop EIA communication policies, standards, procedures and practices, and review and ensure that products and procurements adhere to these standards, policies, procedures and practices. Develop and execute strategic communications plans and materials that effectively promote and increase access to EIA products and services and adhere to EIA communications directives and guidance.
- Plan and implement an EIA-wide corporate identity program that effectively communicates EIA's mission and goals and ensures that EIA branding is consistently and properly applied.
- Supervise, oversee and assess the quality and adequacy of written and graphic content, some of which is of a complex or technical nature, to ensure that it is current, timely, accurate and complete, and consistent with Agency content standards.
- Plan, schedule and assign work; identify milestones and deadlines to be met, assess the accuracy and integrity of finished products, and appraise performances. Plan, design, conduct, and evaluate a continuing comprehensive communications program for EIA.
- Develop, implement and manage external/outreach activities, strategies and programs for EIA. In this capacity, develops and executes strategic external communications plans and materials that effectively market and promote EIA products and services.
- Research, write, and edit material, including handouts, brochures, briefings, reports, announcements, web postings, training materials, and presentations.
- Conduct data gathering projects to assess user characteristics, requirements, needs, goals, and opportunities related to EIA products.