GS-11: Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 level (in the Federal sector). Specialized experience is experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and ability to successfully perform the duties of this position and is typically in or related to this line work. Examples of specialized experience for this position include: serving as an instructor for an Electronics Technician or similar course, developing and modifying tecchnical course curricula and manterials, maintaining and troubleshooting technical testing equiqment, and evaluating training course content and effectiveness.
OR at least one of the following if using education to qualify at this grade level:
(A) a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree; OR
(B) 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M., if related.
(C) A combination of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 level in or related to the work of this position AND education graduate level education that provided the specific knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of this position and experience. Experience and education combinations are computed by first determining the total qualifying experience as a percentage of the experience required for the grade level; then determining the total of qualifying education as a percentage of the education required for the grade level; and then adding the two percentages. The total percentages must equal at least 100 percent to qualify at that grade level.
This position does not have a positive education requirement.
If you are including education on your resume, report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your résumé and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. If you meet the minimum qualifications, your experience, education and training will be rated using the on-line self assessment questions that are based on the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA's) needed to perform this job:
1. Knowledge of instructional practices and training development to perform technical instruction and course modifications on Electronics Technician Mate rating courses.
2. Skill in the application of training development principles and techniques in a specialized area (e.g., course materials, instructional methods).
3. Knowledge and prepared to provide instruction on Navy Type Navy Owned (NTNO) Systems, CG Weapon Systems, Ordnance Administration, and Combat Systems Training
4. Knowledge Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and computer graphics programs
5. Knowledge of the operational aspects of training aids and use of laboratory facilities associated with the Coast Guard's ET rating
6. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
If you meet the minimum qualifications, you will be placed in one of the following categories:
1. Best Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a superior level of all evaluation criteria.
2. Well Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a satisfactory level of the evaluation criteria.
3. Qualified: Applicants possessing the basic qualifications, with general knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Your resume and responses to the self-assessment questions are an integral part of the process for determining your qualifications for the position. Therefore, you must support your responses to the self-assessment questions by providing examples of past and present experience in your resume.
Veterans with 5-point preference who meet the eligibility and qualification requirements are placed above non-preference eligibles within the category in which they are qualified. Veterans who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10% are listed in the best qualified category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-09 grade level or higher. For information on veterans' preference, click here. To preview questions please click here.