Secure the Homeland
Proud to Protect
Are you interested in a job where you will serve as an Information Technology (IT) Specialist and lead complex IT work projects and assignments? Then consider joining the Office of Emergency Communications (OEC), in the Office of Cyber-security and Communications (CS&C), National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD), Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Come work with the best to prevent and deter terrorist attacks, protect against and respond to potential threats, ensure safe and secure borders, welcome immigrants and visitors, and promote the free-flow of commerce. This mission of the U. S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is carried out every day by the dedicated men and women who answer the noble calling of public service with courage and enthusiasm. With a diverse and critical mission, we lead the unified national effort to secure America. In today's interconnected world, our country's security challenges are constantly evolving. To meet these challenges, DHS fosters a culture that values and promotes diversity, teamwork, flexibility, and innovation.
In Headquarters, we coordinate, plan, and guide the Department's work across all DHS components. You could enjoy a career that includes research, administration and management, legal work, budget and finance, cyber security, infrastructure protection and intelligence analysis. Our services touch every U.S. citizen, and our goal is to secure our country across land and sea. Come join the team who is "Proud to Protect".
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM: All U.S. Citizens and Status Candidates.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement should the need arise.
- Develop improvements for productivity and effectiveness within the Advance Technology Group in the Office of Emergency Communications (OEC) throughout the lifecycle process.
- Review and oversee emergency communications implementation and sustainment activities.
- Represent the Office of Emergency Communications (OEC) at technical and program reviews.
- Provide direction to support contractor staff assisting in review and oversight functions.
- Prepare acquisition packages for implementation, sustainment and support contract tasks.
- Prepare Telecommunications services technical specifications.
- Brief management and program managers on the futuristic Priority Services mission, and maintain technical proficiency through continuing education and certification.