The U.S. Department of Transportation, Pipeline and Hazardous Material Safety Administration's (PHMSA) mission is to protect people and the environment from the risk inherent in transportation of hazardous materials - by pipeline and other modes of transportation. For more information about PHMSA, hazmat investigators and the safe transportation of hazardous materials, please visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZOlyUAEFSM
PHMSA is also on Twitter - https://twitter.com/PHMSA_DOT
PHMSA's THRIVE core values are Trust, Honesty, Respect, Integrity, Valuing People, Effective Communication.
This position provides the focal point for coordinating policy planning, development and analyses. The position also assists the executive and managerial leadership in policy development, program execution, resource management, external relationships, and accountability across the Office Hazardous Materials Safety (OHMS), Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA), U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT). You will report directly to the Deputy Associate Administrator for Policy and Programs in the OHMS.
This position is perfect for an experienced mid-level career individual with a comprehensive background in policy and program analysis, and financial management; with strong analytical, and leadership skills, as well as writing, oral communication, problem solving, and project management skills.
A relocation incentive may or may not be paid for this position.
The Program Analyst (Registration):
- Prepares technical reports, correspondence, and other documents and interacts with current and potential registrants concerning registration program.
- Coordinates and prepares written and oral reports reflecting a broad-based knowledge and understanding of the substance and operations of all aspects of the registration program.
- Supports software technology integration reports and project management, advising the chief and leadership on project and/or service issues, and implementing solutions to improve the efficiency and transparency of the Hazardous Materials Registration Program.
- Plans, develops, and conducts program analyses of substantial scale and impact concerning funding, operation, and implementation of the registration processes. Implements regulations to assure required participation of hazmat shippers and carriers.
- Analyzes and evaluates program performance data, draws conclusions, and makes recommendations to affect program changes and improvements in line with PHMSA policies and goals.