Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.
For over two centuries the The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
The vacancy is being concurrently advertised under merit promotion procedures for status applicants under announcement 13-1914-NE-NJ-M. APPLICANTS WISHING TO BE CONSIDERED UNDER BOTH DELEGATED EXAMINING AND MERIT PROMOTION PROCEDURES MUST APPLY TO BOTH VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS.
NOTE: YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS DELEGATED EXAMINING VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL ONLY ALLOW CONSIDERATION FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. WE CANNOT ELECTRONICALLY OR MANUALLY MOVE YOUR APPLICATION TO THE CONCURRENTLY ADVERTISED MERIT PROMOTION ANNOUNCEMENT. PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE APPLYING UNDER THE CORRECT ANNOUNCEMENT.
This position is located in the United States Coast Guard, Aviation Logistics Center, Engineering Services Division, Engineering Support Branch, Elizabeth City, North Carolina.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as senior equipment specialist for common and specialized electronic systems across all Coast Guard air assets, including aviation product lines, ground support equipment, and major computer systems.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Serves as branch technical expert providing technical advice, assistance, and specialized equipment knowledge necessary to support aviation electronics and electrical systems.
- Makes suggestions and provides recommendations on design, purchase, repair, and support / sustainment for a variety of aviation electronic (avionics) equipment, ground support electronic equipment, and test equipment.
- Provides assistance on a variety of quality, reliability, materials, and source selection issues relating to avionics systems / suites and equipment.
- Makes a variety of technical equipment decisions to support assigned Coast Guard aviation missions and ensures compliance with Coast Guard requirements.
- Analyzes and reviews technical data and test results in order to identify trends and obstacles to fulfilling operational commitments.
- Writes and edits technical articles and reports, standard operating procedures, operating policies, and other technical documentation.