Job Title:Nurse Consultant-CC-DH
Department:Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency:National Institutes of Health
Job Announcement Number:NIH-CC-DH-13-927998
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Monday, July 22, 2013 to
Friday, July 26, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Bethesda, MD United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visit NIH Overview.
This position is located in the Office of the Service Chief for Neuroscience, Behavioral Health and Pediatrics (NBHP) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Clinical Center (CC), in the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). The position reports to and directly supports all aspects of the work of the Service Chief for NBHP.
The National Institutes of Health (NIH), Clinical Center (CC), is the 240-bed research hospital and ambulatory care research facility in Bethesda, Maryland that supports the Intramural Research Program (IRP) of the National Institutes of Health. It is the largest inpatient facility in the country devoted exclusively to clinical research, and provides a full range of services from ambulatory care to critical care and special procedures. The focus at the CC on early phase and first-in-human clinical trials and on the study of rare diseases makes it possible to rapidly translate scientific observations and laboratory discoveries into new approaches for diagnosing, treating, and preventing disease.
The National Institutes of Health Clinical Center leads the nation in implementing a specialty practice model for Clinical Research Nursing which defines the roles and contribution of nurses providing care to research participants. If you want to play a significant role supporting the vision at the Clinical Center in leading the Nation in implementing a specialty practice model for Clinical Research Nursing, then consider joining our team! For more information, visit http://www.cc.nih.gov/ .
- U.S. Citizenship requirement met by closing date.
- Position is subject to a background investigation.
- Pre-employment medical screening maybe required.
- Emergency Essential Employee.
DUTIES:Back to top
If you are selected for this position your responsibilities will include:
· Serving as a senior specialist with responsibility for managing a broad array of administrative projects and clinical consultative support for the Neurosciences, Behavioral Health, Pediatric Service, which may include the direct supervision of administrative support staff at the GS 5-9 levels.
· Developing and administering programs related to research which require understanding of relevant problems of the nursing community, research organization, and academic institutions developing and implementing policies that represent and interpret the goals, objectives, programs and priorities of the organization.
· Developing and recommending options for issues regarding quality of delivery systems, interdisciplinary decision making
· Providing specialized assistance to NBHP Service Chief and management teams in documenting compliance with various regulatory and accreditation standards and in preparing for reviews/site visits
· Interpreting management information data and collaborating with the Service Chief and other managers to predict emerging areas of need and adjust strategies quickly and appropriately.
· Utilization of project management skills to keep projects within scope and budget and to respond to evolving programmatic requirements.
· Proficient in the use of technical project management tools. Demonstrating the ability to independently define need for and develop reports and output documents and the ability to track and manage multiple details simultaneously, to effectively bring projects to completion
· Providing periodic reports to appropriate staff and managers to document and evaluate progress toward attainment of organizational goals. Accepts accountability for achievement of goals.
· Serving as a liaison to Clinical Center committees and task forces working on developing educational and informational resources. Serving as a liaison between nursing leadership and the administrative support staff and other Clinical Center departments and ICs.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
Applicants must have active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. An applicant who has graduated from an approved nursing educational program within the past 12 months may be appointed pending State registration as a professional nurse within 6 months of appointment. No person appointed pending registration may be retained beyond 6 months, or promoted, if registration has not been attained.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT:
One year (1 )year of specialized professional nursing experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: directing, facilitating or implementing interventions to address nursing staff competency or professional development; identifying the need for and implementing nursing procedures to maximize the use of resources and improve efficiency; identifying nursing staffing needs and developing and implementing recruitment plans to ensure coverage; ensuring compliance with regulatory and accreditation standards regarding nursing care; identifying the need for and developing and implementing administrative procedures to plan for and carry out nursing activities and projects; supporting the integration of research into nursing practice; and monitoring trends and issues in bioethics and nursing ethics.
View Assessment Questions
This position has an education requirement. You must submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package; however, official transcripts will be required prior to receiving an official offer. Click here for information on Foreign Education . If you are currently or were previously in this occupation series you do not need to submit transcripts. Instead, submit an SF-50 showing the appointment in this occupational series.
Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with Selective Service.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Traditional rating and ranking of applications does not apply to this vacancy. Applications will be evaluated against the basic qualifications. Qualified candidates will be referred for consideration in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management direct hire guidelines. Veteran's Preference does not apply to the direct hire recruitment procedures. Selections made under this bulletin will be processed as new appointments to the civil service. Current civil service employees would, therefore, be given new appointments to the civil service.