A career with the Forest Service will challenge you to manage and care for more than 193 million acres of our nation's most magnificent lands, conduct research through a network of forest and range experiment stations and the Forest Products Laboratory, and provide assistance to State and private forestry agencies.
It's an awesome responsibility - but the rewards are as limitless as the views.
This position is located at Big Bear City, CA.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Scott Tangenberg at 909-382-2728 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a Support Services Specialist position on the San Bernardino National Forest, Mountaintop Ranger District.
The position is responsible for accomplishing a variety of support services including but not limited to the following: procurement of administrative supplies and equipment, tracking budget expenses, personnel processing, printing and mail service, space management, records and correspondence management.
This position is being concurrently announced under Merit Promotion Announcement Number 13-05120052-11584G-PK. Current or former Federal employees may apply to both announcements, but should be sure to apply to the Merit Promotion Announcement in order to avoid losing consideration since different referral criteria apply to each type of announcement. Disabled veterans, candidates with 3 or more years of active duty military service, and candidates eligible for special hiring authorities may apply to the Merit Promotion Announcement if they meet the criteria outlined in the announcement and submit supporting documentation.
The USDA Forest Service has legislative authority to recruit and fill Permanent (Career/Career-Conditional), Temporary, and Term Appointments under the USDA Demonstration Project. Under this authority, any U.S. citizen may apply.
- Leads, supervises, and manages subordinate employees. Plans, establishes work schedules ,set priorities, assigns and reviews work. Approve leave requests, set performance standards and evaluates performance.
- Creates budget reports, validates budget transactions and resolves inconsistencies. Keeps staff abreast of spending trends.
- Answers visitor inquires.
- Provides advice and guidance on procurement and human resources regulations and policies regarding time and attendance, travel. on operations on the unit or referring to the appropriate staff.
- Ensures procurement requests include all pertinent information. Verifies purchase order receipts and follow up on invoices and other payment documents. Prepares controls, coordinates and assembles information for procurement documents. Oversees the contract compliance for unit maintenance, security, janitorial, general repairs, unit housing repairs, etc. Initiates and controls personnel processing activities i.e. electronic personnel actions, new employee orientation, local recruitment, etc.
- Prepares and processes correspondence, reports, and forms; hard-copy and electronic filing; mail procedures; using GOVTRIP; and, security procedures.