All applicants must meet one of the following basic eligibility requirements in order to qualify for this position:
- A degree in accounting or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting; OR
- 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge with a background that also includes one of the following: (1) Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality; or (2) A certificate as a Certified Public Account or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or (3) Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing.
In addition to the basic eligibility requirements, to qualify at the GS-13 grade level applicants must have one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 level.
Specialized experience is experience that equipped you with competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities, or other characteristics) to successfully perform the position functions. To be creditable, specialized experience must have been equivalent in level of difficulty or responsibility to the next lower grade level in the Federal service or comparable in difficulty or responsibility. Examples of specialized experience include planning, conducting and reporting on segments of large audits, performing independent analysis of procurement polices, procedures and transactions, contract negotiation, expenditures, and cost accounting systems; and preparing audit reports,
The successful applicant for this position will possess the following KSAs/competencies: (Applicants need not prepare written responses to these KSAs, unless asked in the online application.)
- Knowledge of accounting principles, auditing standards, and techniques.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, consolidate, and conduct comprehensive and complex audits.
- Ability to provide direction and guidance to auditors on the conduct of complex performance and/or financial and financial-related audits.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
For further information on qualification requirements for this position, please visit http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
Applicants using education to qualify for this position, must submit an unofficial transcript or a list of courses, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and semester hours earned. Education completed in foreign colleges and universities may be used if the institution has been accredited by an organization recognized by the Department of Education.
FOR FOREIGN EDUCATION PLEASE VISIT:
You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement. Time-in-grade restrictions must also be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Applicants must have at least 52 weeks of service equivalent to the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the position.
Appointment to this position may be subject to successful completion of a 1-year probationary period.
Upon reporting, and on an annual basis thereafter, you will be required to file a financial statement and/or a procurement integrity certification. These certifications may be subject to public disclosure.
This position requires a security clearance and is subject to drug testing. The selectee must test negative prior to being appointed to this position and will be subject to random testing thereafter. Failure to pass subsequent tests could result in disciplinary action, up to and including removal from the Federal service.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be evaluated based upon the experience reflected in your resume and your responses to the online application questions. You will receive a numerical rating based on your responses to the online application questions. These responses must be substantiated by your online resume. Applicants who do not respond to the mandatory application questions will be rated ineligible for this position.
If your resume is incomplete, or does not support the responses in your online questionnaire you may be rated ineligible, not qualified, or your score may be adjusted. To preview questions please click here.