The Indian Health Service (IHS) is the principal federal health care provider and health advocate for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN). The IHS goal is to raise Indian health status to the highest possible level. IHS provides leadership and direction to programs and activities designed to improve health outcomes to over 1.9 million AI/AN through a system of IHS, Tribal and Urban operated facilities and programs.
For information on the IHS visit IHS.GOV
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position will serve as a clinical specialist in pediatric dentistry to provide pediatric dental services. This position will also function as a consultant in pediatric dentistry for the Oklahoma City Area Indian Health Service. Position reports to the Chief Dental Officer.
This position requires that you obtain and maintain clinical privileges. If they are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee may be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from the Federal service.
See http://www.ihs.gov/jobsatihs/ for more details.
- Provides preventive services and fluoridation activities both clinically and community based.
- Provides diagnostic services through the use of history, radiographs, clinical examination, diagnostic models, and other appropriate test.
- Provides both routine and complex restorative services.
- Provides pediatric dental services using local anesthetic, nitrous oxide, sedative medications of combinations thereof.
- Participate in the planning, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of the Area-wide pediatric dentistry program appropriate to the clinical and prevention needs.