To qualify for this position, your resume must reflect sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the position for which you are applying. Your resume is key in evaluating your experience, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your work experience.
Degree in dental surgery (D.D.S.) or dental medicine (D.M.D.) from a school approved by the Council on Dental Education, American Dental Association (ADA); or other dental school, provided the education and knowledge acquired was substantially equivalent to that of graduates from an ADA-approved school.
Licensure: Applicants must be currently licensed to practice dentistry in a State, the District of Columbia, or Puerto Rico.
In addition, to the Basic Requirements, you must also meet the Minimum Qualifications stated below-
GS-13: Three years of professional dentistry experience and/or training equivalent to at least that of a Board eligible.
For specialist positions, experience and/or training must clearly establish the applicant's status as a specialist. Agencies will review the applicant's experience to determine the types and difficulty of the cases dealt with, the level of knowledge and understanding of the specialization regularly required, the degree of diagnostic skills and treatment planning ability involved, and the pertinent graduate study acquired.
The following terms are defined:
· Approved internship; approved residency-Training in a hospital dental internship or residency approved by the Council on Dental Education of the American Dental Association.
· Graduate-level study -- Either dental graduate study leading to an advanced degree such as Master of Science, or postgraduate (non-degree) dental school study involving a level of instruction comparable to that provided in a graduated degree program.
· National certifying board -- An examining board in a special area of dental practice recognized by the Council on Dental Education of the American Dental Association.
· Board eligibility -- Qualification for examination by a national certifying board as a result of having met the advanced training program requirements for a dental specialty.
Experience and/or training must be one of the following types:
· Post-licensure professional experience in the general practice of dentistry.
· Approved internship training.
· Approved residency training.
· Graduate-level study in an accredited dental school.
· Post-licensure professional experience in a specialized area of practice.
· Other advanced study or training (outside a dental school or hospital) creditable towards satisfaction of training program requirements for Board eligibility.
Applicants must be able to distinguish shades of color.
Time-In-Grade Requirements: Merit Promotion (status) candidates must have completed one year of service at the GS-12 grade level. Time-In-Grade provisions do not apply under the Excepted Service Examining Plan (ESEP).
This position has an education requirement. You must submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package; however, official transcripts will be required prior to entering on duty. For information on Foreign Education click here http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
You must meet the requirements of the job by this date: Monday, July 29, 2013
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume (your resume must state specific duties that relate to this position ) and your responses to the assessment questions will be evaluated against the duties you provided in your resume, along with your submitted documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following:
- Ability to exam, diagnose and treat young dental patients in all phases of general dentistry
- Customer Service
- Technical competence of public health program concepts and principles
- Teaching others
You will receive a numeric rating based on your responses to the Assessment questions. If after reviewing your resume and responses to the assessment questions, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration.
The following links below provide information on how you may be eligible for various hiring authorities. If you are a Veteran, qualified CTAP and ICTAP eligible, or an individual with a disability, please refer to the following links below for additional guidance:
Click here to view vacancy questions:View Occupational Questionnaire . All documents above MUST be received by 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date of, Monday, July 29, 2013, to be considered.