Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
As a Computer Scientist in the Office of Business Informatics (OBI), you will be responsible for planning, organizing, and carrying to completion various operations research studies involving the substance of major programs and the policies associated with those programs.
The first cut-off for this vacancy will be Tuesday, August 13, 2013. All applications received on or before this date will receive first consideration. There will be cut-offs continuously every 2 weeks thereafter until the closing of the announcement on October 30, 2013 . Review this announcement to be sure all required documents are submitted prior to the cut-off date you wished to be considered.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
- Analyzes complex business issues and requirements and comes up with project proposals and recommendations to senior management.
- Leads multifunctional teams across business and IT to assess, document, and prioritize business issues.
- Leads the planning of projects and system implementations using project management practices.
- Conducts comprehensive analysis and evaluates technology options to deliver business insights and make strategic recommendations.
- Serves as an expert and conducts quantitative, and qualitative studies.
- Serves as a research leader and resource for information on supply projections, development and implementation of models, and analysis activities.
- Develops appropriate models, to explicitly describe the factors in the problems studied.