Job Title:Supervisory Human Resources Specialist
Department:Department Of Energy
Agency:Department of Energy
Job Announcement Number:OIG-13-MP-0030
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Wednesday, July 17, 2013 to
Wednesday, July 31, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|This is a full-time position. -
This is a permanent position.|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Washington, DC, USView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Applications will be accepted from current Department of Energy employees with competitive status, and CTAP eligibles within the local commuting area.|
The Department of Energy's (DOE) Office of Inspector General (OIG) is currently looking for a Supervisory Human Resources Specialist in our Headquarters Office located in Washington, DC. Join our professional team of auditors, criminal investigators, and inspectors who help support DOE's mission through performance and financial audits, inspections of management issues and administrative allegations, and investigations into alleged violations of law.
DOE is the Nation's top sponsor of research and development (R&D) and has won more Nobel Prizes and R&D awards than any private sector organization and twice as many as all other Federal agencies combined. Operating nuclear facilities, science laboratories, power marketing administrations, and environmental clean-up sites in 35 states, DOE is responsible for many accomplishments in fields including alternate fuels vehicles, biological and environmental research, energy efficiency, nuclear security and non-proliferation, lean power technologies, medical technologies, gene research, and computers and microelectronics. The OIG offers potential for advancement, excellent benefits, and numerous training opportunities. We are located in 12 states throughout the U.S. and the District of Columbia. Please visit our website at http ://www.ig.energy.gov/.
- U.S. Citizen.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) will not be paid.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Supervisory Human Resources Specialist within the OIG, you will be responsible for:
- Providing supervison and direction to subordinate staff each functioning as Generalist, ensuring HR operations and services are in full compliance of civil service laws, regulations, requirements, and standards.
- Serving as an advisor and consultant to Deputy Inspector General for Management and Administration and Program Managers and other agency officials on the full range of matters related to Federal staffing, employee relations, compensation, and classification.
- Providing authoritative policy interpretation on employee relation concerns of a critical and sensitive nature.
- Presenting the OIG's view during internal and external committees, and meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify for this position, applicants must have one year of specialized experience at the next lower grade level (GS-14).
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Specialized experience is experience that equipped you with competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities, or other characteristics). To be creditable, specialized experience must have been equivalent in level of difficulty or responsibility to the next lower grade level in the Federal service or comparable in difficulty or responsibility. Examples of specialized experience include experience overseeing human resources operations, advising managers on employee relations issues, developing and implementing new policies and guidance.
The successful application for this position will possess the following KSAs/competencies: (Applicants need not prepare written response to these KSAs, unless asked in the online application:)
- Ability to independently supervise and provide advice, guidance and direction to a group of Human Resources Specialist specializing in a broad range of Human Resources Management Programs.
- Ability to advise senior level officials and subordinates on Employee Relations issues.
- Ability to verbally communicat clearly and concisely with leaders at all levels and subordinates when advising and providing guidance on HR directives, regulations, or procedures.
- Skill in written communication in order to develop comprehensive guidelines, policies, and other documents on complex personnel management impacting multiple areas of personnel.
- Knowledge of EEO policies and procedure.
For further information on qualification requirements for this position, please visit http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Time in grade restrictions must also be met the closing date of the announcement.
Application must have at least 52 weeks of service equivalent to the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the position.
Appointment to this position may be subject to successful completion of a 1-year probationary period.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be evaluated based upon the experience reflected in your resume and your responses to the online application questions. You will receive a numerical rating based on your responses to the online application questions. These responses must be substantiated by your online resume. Applicants who do not respond to the mandatory application questions will be rated ineligible for this position.
To preview questions please click here.