Want to diversify your professional experiences? Intrigued by other positions within NSF? Looking for a new way to contribute to NSF's mission? This may be the opportunity for you!
As an NSF employee, you are our most important strength. That's why we've consistently been recognized as one of the best places to work in the federal government! Leverage your current skills in a new capacity to build bridges across NSF and contribute to cross-cutting projects, while at the same time expanding your own career horizons by increasing your responsibilities and pursuing fresh perspectives. Take charge of your career and apply today!
This position is located in the Office of the Assistant Director (OAD) for the Directorate for Engineering (ENG). This organization is responsible for promoting the progress of engineering technology in the U.S. in order to: 1) ensure that the nation remains at the forefront of engineering research, education, and related activities across a broad spectrum of engineering disciplines and critical and emerging technological areas. Because of its technology focus, the Directorate for Engineering is frequently the focal point for coordination of activities with industry, other federal agencies, other countries, and international organizations.
The IT Specialist serves as the program management responsible for supporting ENG's program, communication and knowledge management initiatives through the design and development of web database applications, software applications and IT assessment planning. Major duties include:
- Supports the Directorate's strategic program and communication initiatives through the design, development, implementation, and/or maintenance of information management systems. including custom web applications and commercial COTS packages.
- Serves as Webmaster for ENG and is responsible for using current multimedia principles and methods to ensure that new ENG web pages are consistent with relevant design and formatting standards.
- Evaluates hardware and software products, along with related supplies and equipment.
- Assists in the troubleshooting general user information system problems.
- Serves as the COR for all IT and Web Contracts.
- Leads ENG IT Working Group in the development of ENG IT Strategies.
- Serves the entire ENG Directorate in supporting IT applications.
- Serves as the Inventory Officer for the ENG Directorate.