The Indian Health Service (IHS) is the principal federal health care provider and health advocate for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN). The IHS goal is to raise Indian health status to the highest possible level. IHS provides leadership and direction to programs and activities designed to improve health outcomes to over 1.9 million AI/AN through a system of IHS, Tribal and Urban operated facilities and programs.
For information on the IHS visit IHS.GOV
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is being announced concurrently under Direct Hiring Authority procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number IHS-13-OK-925696-DH for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered
This position will manage programs for Infection Control and Occupation Health. Will work with all departments for Infection Control issues and will work with all staff for Occupational Health. Position will also supervise three housekeeping staff. Position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
See http://www.ihs.gov/jobsatihs/ for more details.
- Evaluates, develops and implements the Employee Health and Infection Control program for the Service Unit.
- Monitors service unit employees for specific required tests upon entry and annually as required by governing agencies.
- Provides health screening and related services.
- Identifies factors in the work environment that present a safety hazard to employees health.
- Formulates policies and procedures for employee health and infection control to meet regulatory agencies guidelines.