Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Building on a Tradition of Excellence and Meeting the Challenges of the Future The Secret Service is a premier law enforcement organization with two critical national security missions: protect our nation's leaders and to conduct criminal investigations. Our team members continue a tradition of excellence - whether investigating financial crime or protecting national and visiting foreign leaders. In the Secret Service, we serve the country with duty, loyalty, justice, integrity and courage. In the Secret Service, we:
- Protect the President, the Vice President, and other leaders; investigate threats against them; and safeguard their residences and other facilities
- Plan and implement security designs for National Special Security Events
- Investigate financial crimes including fraud, identity theft and computer-based attacks on banking or telecommunications infrastructure
Joining the Secret Service, Office of the Protective Operations, Special Operations Division, will allow you to oversee and operate various radar and air surveillance detection systems. Apply for this exciting opportunity to impact the efficient and effective performance of state of the art radar and air surveillance detection systems which are used in support of the U. S. Secret Service investigative and protective mission. This Detection Systems Specialist position starts at a salary of $62,467 (GS-11, step 1), with promotion potential to $115,742 (GS-13, step 10). For more information on the Secret Service click here.
The selectee will serve as a Detection Systems Specialist in the Office of Protective Operations, Special Operations Division. Typical work assignments include:
- Oversee and/or operates various radar and air surveillance detection systems.
- Ensures appropriate working relationship with other entities to enhance the effectiveness of the air detection system.
- Interprets and utilizes sophisticated, computerized radar data (speed, bearing, range, and altitude) on a real-time basis to develop vector information.