Secure the Homeland
Proud to Protect
Are you interested in a job where your primary purpose will be to oversee the administrative operations of the assigned office, performing a full range of administrative tasks? Then consider joining the Office of the Under Secretary, National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD), Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Come work with the best to prevent and deter terrorist attacks, protect against and respond to potential threats, ensure safe and secure borders, welcome immigrants and visitors, and promote the free-flow of commerce. This mission of the U. S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is carried out every day by the dedicated men and women who answer the noble calling of public service with courage and enthusiasm. With a diverse and critical mission, we lead the unified national effort to secure America. In today's interconnected world, our country's security challenges are constantly evolving. To meet these challenges, DHS fosters a culture that values and promotes diversity, teamwork, flexibility, and innovation.
In Headquarters, we coordinate, plan, and guide the Department's work across all DHS components. You could enjoy a career that includes research, administration and management, legal work, budget and finance, cyber security, infrastructure protection and intelligence analysis. Our services touch every U.S. citizen, and our goal is to secure our country across land and sea. Come join the team who is "Proud to Protect".
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM: All U.S. Citizens and Status Candidates.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement should the need arise.
- Make appointments, arrange conferences and meetings, maintain office records, disseminate instructions and coordinate work with the Office of the Under Secretary.
- Utilize a variety of automated systems (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, databases, etc.) to receive and review all incoming documents; edit all documents; and develop improved routing and internal flow patterns for all communication and correspondence originating from the Office of the Under Secretary.
- Identify objectives based on an analysis of interrelated issues of effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity to determine approaches needed to achieve objectives and identify specific steps.
- Study directives and records to detect and eliminate conflict, overlap, and duplication; ensure proper arrangement of materials; and review work processes to provide suggestions for improvement.
In addition to the duties listed above, at the full performance level (GS-13) of this position major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as liaison for the Office of the Under Secretary including, responding to administrative and programmatic problems brought to the attention of the Executive Leader.
- Develops, devises and analyzes internal administrative policies, procedures and management processes of the office through independent review, coordination with internal and external components, preparation of special reports, and extensive research and analysis in order to identify and make improvements to administrative work processes, and give technical assistance and guidance in the areas of program effectiveness and efficiency.
- Attends meetings with top managers and provides assistance as required with explanations and or informs the team of substantive issues as it relates to the office.