The Department of Veterans Affairs is interested in attracting the best talent for our diverse cadre of SES members from all sources: within VA, the Federal government, and from the private sector. We have streamlined our recruitment process and now only require you to submit a 5 page resume to apply for this position.
The Deputy Chief Officer, Workforce Management and Consulting (WMC) Office reports to the Chief Officer, Workforce Management and Consulting Office. The WMC Office consists of a Chief Officer, a Deputy Director and six sections that include: Human Resources Management Team, EEO/Affirmative Employment Team, Health care Talent Management Team, Finance and Business Operations Team, Health care Recruitment Team, and Human Resources and Staffing Services Team.
This office provides staff support to the Office of the Under Secretary for Health through the Chief of Staff on matters involving personnel administration, equal employment opportunity and civil rights; organizational analysis and design, and productivity and quality improvements.
The WMC Office is responsible for developing and implementing policy under the approval of the Under Secretary for Health and handling other management issues that impact field and VA Central office.
These issues include compliance with civil rights legislation, organizational studies, Medical Administration Budget and ceiling management, personnel issues involving Titles (5 & 38), health care professionals, the Associate Director Training program, management of space, and equipment.
VA structures its SES positions into pay bands. This is a Pay Band 2 position. The salary range for this position is $119,554 - $173,600. Exceptions to the salary cap may be authorized.
Permanent Change of Station costs, a recruitment / relocation incentive, and / or Appraised Value Offer (formerly Guaranteed Home Buyout) may be authorized.
The Deputy Chief Officer, WMC Office is responsible to the Assistant Deputy Under Secretary for Workforce Services, through the Chief, WMC Officer. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· As the Deputy Chief Officer, WMC Office the incumbent assists the Chief Officer with the formulation and justification of the medical administration, budget, and negotiates modifications made during the budget cycle, including the OMB pass back.
· Oversees and directs the implementation of the recommendations from VHA's National Leadership Board Human Resources Committee and the Succession Planning Workforce Development Management Subcommittee dealing with numerous issues that align to a variety of organizations both internal and external to VHA.
· Maintains liaison between VHA and the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Human Resources Management and Labor Relations for coordination of proposed changes in overall policies, programs, and systems.
· Recommends solutions and develops policies or procedures with Departmental level boards.
· Participates in the development of executive manpower projections, administers the Associate Medical Center Director Trainee program, processes placement actions, and assists in the development of executive level and merit pay performance requirements and performance plans.
· Conducts organizational analyses and reviews and makes recommendations concerning the mission and functions of VHA offices, the allocation of resources, manpower requirements, and the effectiveness of systems and procedures. Oversees the High Performance Development Model Program Office. Oversees the National Center for Organizational Development responsible for implementing and supporting national organizational improvement activities.