The Deputy Chief Officer, WMC Office is responsible to the Assistant Deputy Under Secretary for Workforce Services, through the Chief, WMC Officer. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· As the Deputy Chief Officer, WMC Office the incumbent assists the Chief Officer with the formulation and justification of the medical administration, budget, and negotiates modifications made during the budget cycle, including the OMB pass back.
· Oversees and directs the implementation of the recommendations from VHA's National Leadership Board Human Resources Committee and the Succession Planning Workforce Development Management Subcommittee dealing with numerous issues that align to a variety of organizations both internal and external to VHA.
· Maintains liaison between VHA and the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Human Resources Management and Labor Relations for coordination of proposed changes in overall policies, programs, and systems.
· Recommends solutions and develops policies or procedures with Departmental level boards.
· Participates in the development of executive manpower projections, administers the Associate Medical Center Director Trainee program, processes placement actions, and assists in the development of executive level and merit pay performance requirements and performance plans.
· Conducts organizational analyses and reviews and makes recommendations concerning the mission and functions of VHA offices, the allocation of resources, manpower requirements, and the effectiveness of systems and procedures. Oversees the High Performance Development Model Program Office. Oversees the National Center for Organizational Development responsible for implementing and supporting national organizational improvement activities.