SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service.
Specialized experience for this position includes experience in all of the following:
- Experience performing systems, market, and economic analysis identifying opportunities for and barriers to the commercialization of NETL technologies.
- Experience performing systems modeling, process simulating, and cost estimating in support of policy analysis.
- Experience planning, organizing, and preparing reports, papers, and oral presentations in support of knowledge transfer.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application.
- Knowledge of physical science and engineering concepts, principles, and practices, as applied to state-of-the-art and advanced fossil energy conversion technologies for power generation, fuels production and environmental control.
- Knowledge of the energy-economic system of the United States, comprehensive in nature and sufficient to inform decisions on issues such as fossil energy resource use, environmental and energy security policies, research and development in energy technology and national energy plans and programs.
- Ability to design, plan, coordinate and implement an integrated technology policy planning process and execute multiple and diverse programs and projects spanning a broad spectrum of energy and energy-related technologies.
- Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, complex technical and/or economic problems in a clear and concise manner to individuals or groups with institutional interests.
- Ability to provide technical advice and guidance and perform a range of routine administrative duties to ensure accomplishment of team goals and objectives.
Time-in-Grade: Current Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements for consideration. Current federal employees applying for a promotion opportunity must meet TIG requirements with one year of service at the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the position being filled. This requirement must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement. Reinstatement eligible candidates that have held a GS (or equivalent) position within the preceding 52 weeks are subject to TIG restrictions per 5 CFR 300.603.
Those applicants who do not meet the minimum qualification requirements within 30 days of the closing date of the vacancy announcement will be determined to be "not qualified".
EDUCATION: Education requirements can be viewed at OPM's website—Professional Engineering; General Physical Sciences.
You must provide documentation supporting your education claims. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.
- This position is included in the bargaining unit.
- If selected for this vacancy, you may be required to file the OGE Form 450 (Financial Disclosure Statement).
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your application to ensure you meet the job requirements.
If you meet the qualifications requirements and are found to be among the top candidates, your application will be referred to the selecting official for further review.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted. To preview questions please click here.