The National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL) is a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) government owned and operated national research laboratory that produces technological solutions to America’s energy challenges. For more than 100 years, the laboratory has focused on developing tools and processes to provide clean, reliable, and affordable energy to the American people. NETL has three research facilities in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Morgantown, West Virginia, and Albany, Oregon.
The incumbent of this position serves as team leader for the Analysis Team within the Strategic Energy Analysis and Planning (SEAP) Division. SEAP performs analysis of complex energy and environmental issues and their interactions. Studies use an interdisciplinary approach based on well-established methods and computational tools. SEAP collects data and performs assessments of the current situation, near-term trends (out to 2030), and long-term issues (through 2050) within the energy-economic systems of the United States and the world that may impact energy production and use.
As a General Engineer (Leader) or Physical Scientist (Leader), you will:
- Coach and mentor team members
- Assist in the development of annual analysis plans for the team
- Manage work relationships with site support contractors
- Prepare reports and maintain records of work accomplishments
- Coordinate the preparation, presentation and communication of information to management.
- Display facility with market analysis, economic trends, environmental trends and forecasts, and socio-political trends and policy
- Identify and develop new initiatives to advance fossil energy and energy-related technologies
- Contribute to the preparation of technical articles for publication in journals or for presentation at conferences.