Secure the Homeland
Proud to Protect
Are you interested in a job where your primary purpose will be to supervise and lead a team of IT specialists in the development, maintenance and analysis of architectures and associated repositories? Then consider joining the Infrastructure Information Collection Division, Office of Infrastructure Protection, National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD), Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Come work with the best to prevent and deter terrorist attacks, protect against and respond to potential threats, ensure safe and secure borders, welcome immigrants and visitors, and promote the free-flow of commerce. This mission of the U. S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is carried out every day by the dedicated men and women who answer the noble calling of public service with courage and enthusiasm. With a diverse and critical mission, we lead the unified national effort to secure America. In today's interconnected world, our country's security challenges are constantly evolving. To meet these challenges, DHS fosters a culture that values and promotes diversity, teamwork, flexibility, and innovation.
In Headquarters, we coordinate, plan, and guide the Department's work across all DHS components. You could enjoy a career that includes research, administration and management, legal work, budget and finance, cyber security, infrastructure protection and intelligence analysis. Our services touch every U.S. citizen, and our goal is to secure our country across land and sea. Come join the team who is "Proud to Protect".
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM: All U.S. Citizens and Status Candidates.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement should the need arise.
The Supervisory Information Technology (IT) Specialist in this position will:
- Supervise, lead, monitor, mentor, and train IT specialists and technical staff in the application and use of the Enterprise Architecture (EA) tool and repository
- Document the EA infrastructure, including the business units, key processes, reference models, using modeling techniques and maintain them on the repository
- Determine the gaps between the current and target architectures, develop the plans for transitioning to the target, and identify opportunities to improve enterprise level systems
- Evaluate the impact of EA products and services on IT investments, business operations, stakeholder satisfaction, and other outcomes
- Ensure technical integration is achieved across the enterprise by leading and participating in test planning, validation, and reviews
- Collaborate with others to promote and educate customers and stakeholders on the use and value of the EA