Secure the Homeland
Proud to Protect
Are you interested in a job where your primary purpose will be to oversee the administrative operations of the assigned office, performing a full range of administrative tasks? Then consider joining the Office of the Under Secretary, National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD), Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Come work with the best to prevent and deter terrorist attacks, protect against and respond to potential threats, ensure safe and secure borders, welcome immigrants and visitors, and promote the free-flow of commerce. This mission of the U. S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is carried out every day by the dedicated men and women who answer the noble calling of public service with courage and enthusiasm. With a diverse and critical mission, we lead the unified national effort to secure America. In today's interconnected world, our country's security challenges are constantly evolving. To meet these challenges, DHS fosters a culture that values and promotes diversity, teamwork, flexibility, and innovation.
In Headquarters, we coordinate, plan, and guide the Department's work across all DHS components. You could enjoy a career that includes research, administration and management, legal work, budget and finance, cyber security, infrastructure protection and intelligence analysis. Our services touch every U.S. citizen, and our goal is to secure our country across land and sea. Come join the team who is "Proud to Protect".
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM: All U.S. Citizens and Status Candidates.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement should the need arise.
Major Duties of this GS-13 position include but are not limited to the following:
- Serving as liaison for the Office of the Under Secretary including, responding to administrative and programmatic problems brought to the attention of the Executive Leader.
- Address matters of a general nature or refer particularly technical matters to the appropriate individual(s).
- Develop, devise, and analyze internal administrative policies, procedures and management processes of the office through independent reviews.
- Prepare a variety of reports utilizing various automated systems (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, databases, etc.).
- Analyze operational trends and compile data for analysis by top level managers.
If selected to fill this position at the GS-09, GS-11, or GS-12 grade level, your duties will be the same as those listed above but under closer supervision until the full performance level of GS-13 is achieved.