More information about positions with promotion potential:
Management has the prerogative to select at any grade level for which this position has been advertised. If you are placed in this position at a grade lower than the target grade (i.e. the promotion potential grade), you may be promoted to the target grade without further competition. However, there is no commitment or obligation on the part of management to promote you. Your promotion will depend upon the continuing need for that level of work to be performed and your ability to perform the higher level duties.
1. If you are an eligible Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) applicant you may apply for special selection over other candidates for this position. To receive consideration for special priority selection, individuals must be in the well-qualified category as defined above in the How You Will Be Evaluated section. The well-qualified category is the middle category out of 3 categories. ICTAP eligibles must submit one of the following as proof of eligibility for the special selection priority: a separation notice; a "Notice of Personnel Action" (SF-50) documenting separation; an agency certification that you cannot be placed after injury compensation has been terminated; an OPM notification that your disability annuity has been terminated; OR a Military Department or National Guard Bureau notification that you are retired under 5 U.S.C. 8337(h) or 8456. You are to annotate in your application that you are applying as a CTAP or ICTAP eligible. To read more about CTAP or ICTAP eligibility visit: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.as
2. If you are a veteran with preference eligibility and you are claiming 5-point veterans' preference, you must attach a copy of your DD-214 or other proof of eligibility. If you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference, you must attach an SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the proof required by that form. To determine if you are eligible for Veterans' Preference, click on the site shown below: http://www.dol.gov/elaws/vets/vetpref/mservice.htm
3. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
4. All qualification requirements must be met at the closing date of this announcement. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review in our office, in other Federal agency personnel offices, and on OPM's web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
5. Relocation Entitlements: No Relocation entitlements are authorized.
6. Probationary Period: Selectee is subjected to 12-month probationary period and can be removed for performance, budget, suitability, background or other reasons.
7. Background Check: Selectee is required to complete OF-306 and submit SF-85; Questionnaire for Non-Sensitive positions as part of the suitability and hiring process. Questionable background findings impact employment eligibility.
8. Vehicle Operation: Incidental Motor Vehicle operation may be required, have a valid State Drivers license is essential in the performance of required duties.
9. Direct Deposit Requirement: Public law 104-134 requires that all federal employees recieve salary payments via direct deposit.
10. Travel: Travel may be required for this position.
11. Work Conditions: Work is performed outdoors under adverse weather conditions.