The Indian Health Service (IHS) is the principal federal health care provider and health advocate for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN). The IHS goal is to raise Indian health status to the highest possible level. IHS provides leadership and direction to programs and activities designed to improve health outcomes to over 1.9 million AI/AN through a system of IHS, Tribal and Urban operated facilities and programs.
For information on the IHS visit IHS.GOV
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is being announced concurrently under Direct Hire procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number IHS-13-OK-903637-DH for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
This position serves as the Clinical Director for the Claremore Indian Hospital, which provides ambulatory, emergency and inpatient care through a 50-bed general acute care hospital in Claremore, OK. The Clinical Director is responsible for medical administration of the clinical program and the quality of medical care rendered at the hospital. The position reports to the Chief Executive Officer of the Claremore Service Unit and/or the Chief Medical Officer of the Oklahoma City Area.
See http://www.ihs.gov/jobsatihs/ for more details.
- Works on a day-to-day basis with Division supervisors in top management discussions, decisions, policy making, and sharing full accountability in management actions.
- Develops and implements instruction for non-routine, complex technical issues related to physician and other medical staff practices of the hospital.
- Responsible for the recruitment and retention of all physician staff.
- Assigns workload to employees and evaluates employee work performance.
- Provides direct patient care within the scope of clinical privileges.