Recent graduates who have completed (or will have completed all requirements within 9 months of the closing date of this announcement), within the previous two years, a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution.
Veterans unable to apply within two years of receiving their degree, due to military service obligation, have as much as six years after degree completion to apply.
As part of the application process, you must complete and submit an occupational questionnaire. To preview this questionnaire and determine if your experience matches the skills required for this position, click the following link: View Assessment Questions.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: All applicants must meet the following basic requirements which are fully qualifying for the GS-5 level. Applicants who wish to qualify for positions at higher grade levels must meet additional requirements.
A. A bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees.
B. At least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. (This requirement can be obtained within the bachelor's degree or in addition to the degree).
NOTE: The education requirements listed above apply only to individuals entering DoD 1102 positions on or after October 1, 2000. Current civilian personnel in DoD, who occupied GS-1102 positions or contracting positions with authority to award or administer contracts above the simplified acquisition threshold in an Executive Department on or before September 30, 2000, are exempt from meeting this requirement. Current military members who occupied a similar occupational specialty to the GS-1102 on or before September 30, 2000, are also exempt from meeting this requirement.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR GS-07: In addition to the basic education requirements described above, applicants must have at least one of the following:
A. Successful completion of 1 full academic year of graduate level education or law school from an accredited college or university;
B. Expected successful completion of 1 full academic year of graduate level education within the next 9 months from an accredited college or university;
C. Eligibility under the Superior Academic Achievement Provision achieved from a bachelor's completed within the past two years from an accredited college or university;
D. Expected eligibility under the Superior Academic Achievement Provision achieved from a bachelor's degree in professional engineering completed within the next 9 months from an accredited college or university.
Graduate Education: To qualify for GS-1102 positions on the basis of graduate education, graduate education in one or a combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
POSITIVE EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: This position has a Positive Education Requirement. In order to verify that you meet the positive education qualifications for this position, you should submit a complete copy of their transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (Course title, semester/quarter hours and grade). Failure to submit this information may result in an ineligible rating. You may submit your transcripts or list of college courses through the "Application Manager" or by fax. This is the only method in which transcripts can be submitted. Failure to provide this information may result in an ineligible rating. (Faxing instructions may be found under the "How to Apply" section.)
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT:
- Orientation program
- Mentorship throughout the Program.
- Individual Development Plan to assist with career planning, professional development, and training activities.
- At least 40 hours of formal, interactive training each year of the Program.
- Positions may offer opportunity for career advancement.
AFTER PROGRAM COMPLETION:
Recent Graduates may be converted to a permanent position (or, in some limited circumstances a term appointment lasting 1-4 years).
To be eligible for conversion, Recent Graduates must:
- Be a US Citizen.
- Successfully completed at least 1-year of continuous service in addition to all requirements of the Program.
- Demonstrated successful job performance.
- Met the qualifications for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted .
Superior academic achievement
1) A high school whose curriculum has been approved by a State or local governing body, or a home-school curriculum that has been approved by such a body or a State; and
2) Any of the following educational institutions or curricula that have been accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the secretary of the U.S. Department of Education:
(i) A technical or vocational school;
(ii) A 2-year or 4-year college or university;
(iii) A graduate or professional school (e.g., law school, medical school); or
(iv) A home-school curriculum
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the qualification requirements if the applicant can provide documentation indicating that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide such evidence when applying. For further information, please visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
Selectee is required to participate in the Department of Defense direct deposit of pay program.
Selectee may be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
Overtime work may be required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be rated on the extent and quality of your education and training relevant to the duties of the position based on the information provided in your resume, responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, and your supporting documentation, to determine your ability to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities/competencies:
2. Conscientiousness: Displays a high level of effort and commitment towards performing work; demonstrates responsible behavior.
3. Integrity/Honesty: Displays high standards of ethical conduct and understands the impact of violating these standards on an organization, self, and others; chooses an ethical course of action; is trustworthy.
4. Interpersonal Skills: Shows understanding, friendliness, courtesy, tact, empathy, cooperation, concern, and politeness to others; relates well to different people from varied backgrounds and different situations.
5. Flexibility: Adapts quickly to changes.
NOTE: If it is determined that you have rated yourself higher than is supported in your description of experience and/or education as described in your resume/application package, or that your resume or application package is incomplete, you may be rated ineligible, not qualified, or your score may be lowered.