The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service promotes the financial integrity and operational efficiency of the U.S. government through exceptional accounting, borrowing, collections, payments, and shared services.
The IT Specialist (Application Software) in the Business Technology Division, Project and Technical Services Branch in the Office of Administrative Services (OAS) is responsible for developing, maintaining, supporting, and implementing applications used to support the business activities of OAS' internal divisions. The divisions within OAS perform business activities that interact with other Bureau of the Fiscal Service offices and with other governmental agencies.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
Who May Apply:
U.S. Citizens in one of these categories:
1. Current Federal employees on career or career-conditional (permanent) appointments in the competitive service, or former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility; or
2. CTAP/ICTAP eligibles from the local commuting area; or
3. Individuals eligible under special hiring authorities (e.g., individuals with disabilities, covered by an interchange agreement) OR
4. Individuals who are eligible for appointment under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act.
As an IT Specialist (APPSW), you will:
- Build systems based on design documents using appropriate development tools as determined by Business Technology Division management.
- Perform the review and analysis of system functional requirements documentation. Meet with functional representatives as necessary to understand requirements. Prepare formal requirements documentation.
- Develop technical design document based on functional requirements and develop code from technical design document.
- Work with functional representatives and technical staff to assess cost/benefit of system requirements individually and in aggregate.
- Provide input to management concerning technical issues, development tools, and organizations standards, practices, policies, and procedures.
- Develop a working knowledge of the OAS technology environment, including the Oracle Financials and Manufacturing COTS systems and any successor, and provide technical assistance analyzing and resolving issues with OAS systems.