To qualify at the GS-14 level, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience directly related to the position for which you are applying equivalent to the GS-13 level.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as:
- Managing or directing the activities of subordinates or contractor personnel involved in activities related to the maintenance of a safe and healthy work environment; and
- Serving as a project manager, coordinating resources, providing technical direction, and monitoring the health and safety of personnel in an R&D Laboratory and facility construction/renovation settings.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application!
1. Knowledge of the safety management principles and practices related to various technical aspects, coupled with extensive practical experience in the application of these principles in order to lead the various disciplines in the field of safety and health.
2. Knowledge of the safety management principles and practices related to various technical aspects, coupled with extensive practical experience in the application of these principles in order to lead the various disciplines in the field of safety and health.
3. Ability to conduct technical and management reviews of task assignments and contractor performance.
4. Skill in oral and written communication to present/convey technical and informative reports or information.
5. Ability to supervise and direct a multi-disciplined staff.
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
EDUCATION: Education requirements can be viewed at OPM's website—Professional Engineering.
You must provide documentation supporting your education claims. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.
- This position is not included in the bargaining unit.
- If selected for this vacancy, you may be required to file the OGE Form 450 (Financial Disclosure Statement).
- This position may require overnight travel five days per month.
- You may be required to serve a one year supervisory probationary period.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be rated by our application system using the Category Rating procedure. A quality review will then be conducted by the HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME). Your application is rated based on the extent and quality of your experience, education (if applicable to the job), and training described in your online resume/questionnaire as related to the duties of this position. The quality categories are usually defined as "Best Qualified", "Well Qualified" and "Qualified". Veterans Preference eligibles will be listed at the top of whichever category your score places you in. CP/CPS veterans are placed at the top of the highest category for all positions except professional and scientific positions at GS-9 and higher.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses you provided in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted. To preview questions please click here.