To qualify at the GS-14 level, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience directly related to the position for which you are applying equivalent to the GS-13 level.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as:
- Managing or directing the activities of subordinates or contractor personnel involved in activities related to the maintenance of a safe and healthy work environment; and
- Serving as a project manager, coordinating resources, providing technical direction, and monitoring the health and safety of personnel in an R&D Laboratory and facility construction/renovation settings.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application!
1. Knowledge of the safety management principles and practices related to various technical aspects, coupled with extensive practical experience in the application of these principles in order to lead the various disciplines in the field of safety and health.
2. Knowledge of the safety management principles and practices related to various technical aspects, coupled with extensive practical experience in the application of these principles in order to lead the various disciplines in the field of safety and health.
3. Ability to conduct technical and management reviews of task assignments and contractor performance.
4. Skill in oral and written communication to present/convey technical and informative reports or information.
5. Ability to supervise and direct a multi-disciplined staff.
- Time-in-Grade: Current Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements for consideration. Current federal employees applying for a promotion opportunity must meet TIG requirements with one year of service at the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the position being filled. This requirement must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement. Reinstatement eligible candidates that have held a GS (or equivalent) position within the preceding 52 weeks are subject to TIG restrictions per 5 CFR 300.603.
- CTAP/ICTAP candidates: To be considered "well "qualified" you must meet all of the requirements as described in this section. CTAP/ICTAP eligibles will be considered well qualified if they attain at least a rating score of 85 in a numerical rating scheme.
Those candidates who do not meet the minimum qualification requirements within 30 days of the closing date of the vacancy announcement will be determined to be "not qualified".
EDUCATION: Education requirements can be viewed at OPM's website—Professional Engineering.
You must provide documentation supporting your education claims. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.
- This position is not included in the bargaining unit.
- If selected for this vacancy, you may be required to file the OGE Form 450 (Financial Disclosure Statement).
- This position may require overnight travel five days per month.
- You may be required to serve a one year supervisory probationary period.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your application to ensure you meet the job requirements.
If you meet the qualifications requirements and are found to be among the top candidates, your application will be referred to the selecting official for further review.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted. To preview questions please click here.