The National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL) is a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) National laboratory that produces technological solutions to America's energy challenges. For more than 100 years, the laboratory has focused on developing tools and processes to provide clean, reliable, and affordable energy to the American People.
The incumbent of this position serves as the Supervisor in the Health and Safety Branch, Environment, Safety, Security, & Health (ESS&H) Division, Office of Institutional Operations.
The Safety & Health Branch supports the development of ESS&H procedures and plans to institute and maintain a healthy and safe NETL work environment and ensures the implementation of these procedures and plans; assists NETL operations in conducting safety and reliability reviews for on?site facilities and processes; oversees implementation of ESS&H continuous improvement initiatives; and provides ESS&H consulting to project managers and to on-site RD&D operations. Specific programs include the following: hazards assessment and control, fire protection, industrial and chemical hygiene, asbestos and lead abatement, industrial and process safety, ergonomics, workplace violence, radiation protection, occupational medical services, and fitness and wellness programs.
As a Supervisory General Engineer in the Safety and Health Branch, you will:
- Oversee and maintain activities for a safe and healthy work environment;
- Develop and coordinate ES&H training requirements;
- Prepare technical documents dealing with planning, evaluation, and/or information dissemination related to ES&H;
- Coordinate the development and validation of ES&H orders, plans, and procedures are compliant with Federal and DOE guidelines;
- Perform the full range of supervisory responsibilities;
- Serve as Contracting Officer's Technical Representative on designated contracts.